Author Topic: Where's my stand?  (Read 8703 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: Where's my stand?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 03:01:41 pm »
here is the sollution. just remember, he started it.

1. start peeing on his corn.
2. dump amonia on his stand.
3. when ya gotta go, go real close to his stand.
4. do anything els you can to mess up his hunting.
lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 03:03:42 pm »

I like Eddie's answer to that problem...... ;D ;D >:D >:D ;D ;D

Offline Don

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 09:57:26 pm »
Ya it happens all over.
 And if something should be on his seat the next morning. You know the stuff dogs like to roll in.
Now that would be a rude awakening at o dark thirty in the morning. >:D ;D ;D
I had a guy set up a stand not more then 40yrds from mine, mine wasn't stolen but still PO-ed after being there for a month.
I was tempted to use my chain and padlock on his stand.
I've yet to figure out that type of person.
Good luck with the rest of your season.

Don
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:05:27 pm by Don »

Offline Hickoryswitch

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 05:22:20 am »
Around here you can't say much about a good spot. If you do the next time you go back they'll be someone sitting there. Private property or not. I killed a nice buck last season and their has been a guy sitting there every day this rifle season. I'd sit underneath his tree like I never knew he was there.
Wayne Silverthorn

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:55 am »
October Michigan law requires the owners name and address on the stand if his name ain't on it I would take a sharpie and write your name and address on
it, then get the DNR out there while he's in it. This way you get a new stand and he gets a rude awaking. If you disturb him in any other way while he's
hunting no doubt he will invoke the Hunter Harassment law and you will be the one in trouble.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 11:05:15 am »
In 1985, I arrowed a Doe and backed out of the woods to get a friend to help locate & drag it.  While we were back in there looking, we heard a vehicle come down the road & stop.  It left within 5 minutes & I thought it was just the farmer at his house.  When we found the blood trail, we followed it (easily) and found a gut pile & my broken arrow.  On the way back out I stopped to get my stand & it was gone! I was all grades of pi$$ed and have not been back to that property since.  It makes me mad to this day to even think about it. If I had come across the thieves, I would have skewered them.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 04:10:46 pm »
Mullet, you beat me to it. The old racoon latrine trick sends an excellent message. I like the chainsaw trick too with or without the dispicable coward in it at the time. Stealing stands is just wrong!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 04:42:50 pm »
Hardaway, I had the same thing happen to me with a small buck once quite a few years ago. Blood trail got sparse came up on a fresh steaming gut pile 50 yards away from where I ran outa blood. Talk about pissed off. Why would some one do that ? What possible thrill could it be to take a deer someone else shot?  ::)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

salad days

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 08:16:31 pm »
Worst thing about is that the worse the economy around here gets, the more of this crap happens. By the end of the winter last year you couldn't find a place on state land to park that didn't have a deer carcass with the hind quarters and back straps cut out. All is not lost on my season though. Today I went out to another stand that I haven't been too since Sept. 15 and found about 20 really big rubs that weren't there before. I did a lot of scouting around and didn't find a stand anywhere near me. Of coarse the orange army will be out in force for the Saturday opener this year but I might be able to get one early in the morning with my 50 cal muzzleloader. I think I'm gonna try and forget about those other idiots and just remember this lesson for next year.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 10:55:58 pm »
Aaron
Good luck most of all stay safe.  Opening weekend is like a warzone.  I think you will get something.  Usually something good ends up coming out of a lousy situation.
Traverse City, MI

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 10:25:29 pm »
Sad but yes I have had hang on stands stolen but get this.I built a ladder stand out of two by fours for where I bowhunt at it cost me about thirty dollars.Have been seeing deer there .Well Saturday was opening firearms season here in Missouri.So I grabbed my trusty 54 caliber muzzleloader and headed to the woods.New it was going to be bad when I saw all the cars in the parking area at the Conservation Land area.I didn't think it would be to bad because it is muzzleloader only, boy was I wrong. Figured somebody would be up in my stand. I walked the usual route to my stand and was relieved nobody was in it.Climbed up in it got all settled pulled my rifle up. Then noticed in a hundred to hundred and fifty yard circle all the hunter orange clad hunters spaced out in a circle around my stand.But nobody was in it ,eight hundred plus acres and they all were right there.Not one that enjoys bullet holes in my body. I headed back to the house to hunt another day.It was like hey there's a stand thats got to be a good place.
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

salad days

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 08:37:39 pm »
Last year for muzzleloader season I had a ladder stand on top of an oak ridge boardering a big L shaped marsh. I was right over the tip of the L and I could hit the oposite side off the marsh with about a hundred yard shot. Perfect right.? WRONG. about an hour after daylight on opening morning I see a guy in orange stroling along the ridge on the other side. He sat down directly across from me and started looking at me through his binoculars. I started looking at him through my scope hoping he would get my drift but no avail. He sat there all day and every deer that would come into the marsh would wind him before the would get to the L and I had a clear shot. After 3 or 4 times of this happening I was mad as hell. I did shoot a doe out of my other stand this weekend with my 50 cal so at least I have some meat in the freezer and some hide to play with. I still bumbed that I didn't get to stick one with my longbow though. I can't wait till turkey season already. ;D

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 10:04:45 pm »
Aaron nice job on the doe.  Do  you still have late archery season until the end of Dec?
Traverse City, MI

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 10:17:20 pm »
This year i was out stalkin mule der during a really serious blizzard, no other hunters were out at all, because of the weather i only took two arrows with me. whan I got back to my truck the door was open, all of my arrows were stolen, several had stone points from Joe and Cowboy and one was my medicine arrow from Pat B..I never dreamed someone would steal here in Wyoming, too many out of staters here during the rifle season... anyway lesson learned, now I leave my bear dog in the cab, should at least leave a good enough blood trail for me to follow next time...Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Minuteman

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 10:22:52 pm »
Theres some low down turdly folks out there fellers. Ya gotta watch out for them idiots. >:(