Author Topic: Winter Wonderland  (Read 15211 times)

Offline DanaM

Winter Wonderland
« on: November 12, 2008, 12:46:58 pm »
Here's a couple pictures I took with my cell phone the other day. Took these where I park when
I go hunting. Unfortunately most of it melted but more is forcast thru the weekend :) I'm not a big fan of snow except
when its hunting season then I love it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Winter Wonderland
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:31:30 pm »
  Good for you. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:33:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I remember seeing a lot of that stuff in the lower part when we were trying to work :P. It's purty but you can have it ;D. brrr..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:29:49 am »
I'll take it!  ;D  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:36:56 am »
Pat you can have it! Man I hates the stuff. Especially driving in it!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 08:02:08 am »
Where were You raise David??? I have been away from Da UP for 26 years....but every time it snows here....or I go to Colorado.............I get all goose Bumpy.....and it aint the Cold.....I will spend Hours out just driving around....or Hiking in it.....I cant get enough of the Sight and smells of it...brings back so many memoriies....it's great!! People down herethink I'm Nutz....I do the Speed Limit when it has Snowed here....and they all slow down to a Turtles pace....and slip and slide all over....wait to gun it to climb a Hill....and slide off the Road....and cause Traffic Jambs......I think everyone needs to experience Snow for 4 months out of a Year....at least once in theor Life......it's an Awesome Memory that stays with you forever......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_EeszY5Tco

DA Heiki Luunta Snow Dance Song

1. I REMEMBER BACK IN ‘58 WHEN I WAS JUST A LAD
I WENT UP TO THE COPPER COUNTRY HUNTING WITH MY DAD
THE GROUND WAS BARE AND FROZEN SO WE COULDN’T TRACK NO DEER
SO MY OLD MAN GOT HIS KNAPSACK AND HE FILLED IT UP WITH BEER
HE SAID WE GOTTA TAKE A HIKE WAY OUT IN THE WOODS
THERE’S THIS GUY NAMED HEIKKI LUNTA HE’S CRAZY BUT HE’S GOOD
WE’LL LET HIM DRINK A COUPLE BEERS AND WHEN HE STARTS TO GLOW
HE’LL DO THE HEIKKI LUNTA DANCE AND THEN JUST WATCH IT SNOW
CHORUS:
DANCE, DANCE, DANCE HEIKKI LUNTA DANCE
MAKE IT SNOW, SNOW, SNOW HEIKKI LUNTA SNOW
DANCE, DANCE, DANCE HEIKKI LUNTA DANCE

2. I REMEMBER IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE 15 YEARS AGO
ALL THE KIDS WERE CRYING CAUSE THEY DIDN’T HAVE NO SNOW
ACCORDING TO THE WEATHERMAN THEY DIDN’T HAVE A CHANCE
BUT THE WEATHERMAN DON’T KNOW ABOUT THE HEIKKI LUNTA DANCE
HEIKKI PUT HIS SNOWSHOES ON AND GRABBED A CAN OF BEER
HE PUT ON HIS GIANT PARTRIDGE WINGS AND ANTLERS FROM A DEER
THEN HE GRABBED A CEDAR BRANCH AND DANCED AROUND THE YARD
EVERYBODY SAID THEY NEVER SEEN IT SNOW SO HARD

3. I RECALL A TOURNAMENT OUT AT SUICIDE
ALL THE SNOW WAS MELTING AND WE COULDN’T GET A RIDE
ONE CRAZY FINN CAME DOWN THE HILL AND LANDED ON THE ROCKS
THEY SENT HIM BACK TO FINLAND IN A HOMEMADE CEDAR BOX
WE LOOKED FOR HEIKKI LUNTA BUT HE WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND
WE COULDN’T DO NO JUMPING WITH NO SNOW ON THE GROUND
IT WAS CARL PELLONPAA WHO FINALLY SAVED THE DAY
WE DID THE HEIKKI LUNTA DANCE I THINK IT SNOWED TILL MAY
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:00:57 am »
I'll tell ya, I have had my share of it over the years and it gets old. Mostly having to work in it and the resulting mud is the worst part. I am thinking of becoming like a migratory bird and folowing the seasons.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 07:49:36 pm »
Neve lived in da far nort! But I lived through some big dumps of snow arround DC and dont like it. Its wet cold and turns to slush!!! Give me sun and an ocean and a kayak!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:17 am »
Snow in the forecast for the next week here.

Tiller when does the sun ever shine out there, don't you mean rain and then more rain ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 03:40:14 pm »
Yeah! Liquid sunshine!!!  ;D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »
                                                 Dana....this is some of what I really miss............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJ9s36k1uU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ziut31VJo

We used to do both on Teal Lake in Negaunee every Winter....it was a Blast............
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 06:57:49 am »
Pretty cool Mike, and the only time gas engines are allowed on Teal Lake.

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 10:34:45 am »
Yeah....you better not get caught with a Motor on your Boat....whether you are using it or not....thats a Big No-No...don't understand why anymore....they don't use Teal for Water any more....they are on Well Water now....... ??? One good thing though....the Lake will always be Pristine
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 11:40:42 am »
yup mike,

i like the snow too, love driving in it,just hate the cold that usually follows the snow. we will get several inches of snow,then we get a couple of weeks of sub zero weather that follows it usually.

were i live we have several colleges near by so we alway have people from all over the country in our area,and your right,some people have no clue as to how to drive in
it. they are fun to watch.
however,i have lived here all my life(except one year in fla.) and in never fails to amaze me how many native northeners forget how to drive in it too.me i always drive the speed limit,regardless of weather.just gotta know what your doing ;)

some folks dont get the concept of the eggshell under the pedal. they figure that if my tires are spinning and i give it more gas i will get traction. they dont relaize that all
they are doing is creating more ice under their tires.

i worked outside in the inclimate weather of minnesota for years,never really got used to the sub zero temps but love the snow. after awhile in the sub zero temps
and it finally gets back over zero degrees real minnesotans will be outside with just long sleeve shirts again,driving with the windows open etc. you yoopers and others form the north know what i am talking about.

we have had a couple of small snow falls this year already,nothing really worth talking abot. none of it stuck more than over night,not even worth taking a pic of yet.

send me a cooler, and i will fill it with snow and send it back to you ;D(when we get some that sticks,probably later this week)

peace,
                                                                                       tim

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 03:52:16 pm »
      Here is what I grew up next to....Marquette's Lower Harbor....some of the Nastiest Winter Weather in the U.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8PkvLbVTo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbaxf_oyVgM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIwmU50xDo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5B84meSh0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Lg6-rIIp4&feature=related
2024...We Will Overcome