Author Topic: mini knap- in  (Read 8866 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
mini knap- in
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:35:24 pm »
 Went over to Claude VanOrders Saturday afternoon. Wayne(stickbender) came over from Port St.Lucie. When we got there Roger(bonepile), Hugh, a frequent weekend visitor at Claudes and myself and Claude. We chipped some rock, had some funny conversation and hands on instruction by one of the best knappers in The South.I took some pictures of the group but my camera got switched to high deffinition so I can't post pictures of this fine looking group of Rogues. And Rogers beard is as long or maybe longer than PatB's.
  Well I took some pictures of some of the points I worked on Saturday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: mini knap- in
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 04:56:44 pm »
Eddie....d/load the Pictures to your computer.....take all of the pictures that you want to post....right click on them...select "Send To" from the list of choices .....then select "Mail Recipient".....when asked "Send Pictures Via Email"....select "Make Pictures Smaller"...then  send the Pictures to yourself....that simple....now your pictures are small enough to Post....and We can be the Judges if Bonepiles Beard is longer than Pats!!!!!!!!! Any questions....email me.....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:52:18 pm »

Just for Pat, and BonePile's info, I understand, that Massy Ferguson is makeing a new razor, just in time for the Christmas Holidays.
I understand that it not only cuts the whiskers, but bundles them in little bales......Just thought I would let them know about that......A lighter does wonders for that also......as I once found out when I was in High School, and had a little gotee, growing, during the last days of summer vacation, and a Friend of mine reached over with his lighter, and my beard disappeared in flames, and smelly smoke.
                                                                                         Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:52:38 pm »
  Mike, I'll forward them to you. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:28:48 pm »
Yeah,that was a good time.Hangin' out with Claude one can't help but learn something,It was good meeting you all,quite the bunch of skilled fellas.Some of those stories I didn't know if I should go get taller boots or just run.These are the ones I did,had to finish the bigger one on the pourch today.All that talk about bear grease biscuts I thought I'd photo them on Boo-Boo

Now all this chatter about razors and fire is makin' me a little nervous so I'll go look at the stars.
See ya-all later
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:19 pm »
Man, you guys are havin all the fun ::). I need to be surrounded by knappers every once in awhile - sure does get lonely out there in the shop. Nice looking points Eddie and Roger! If I ever get to the neighborhood - I'm going to meet Claude :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:58 pm »
  Mike, I'll forward them to you. ;D

OK..... you do that....and I will shrink them and d/load them!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:59 pm »
 coming to ya'
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 12:49:08 am »
coming to ya'

Didnt get them.......... :(
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 01:50:37 am »
thats some fine chipping there and you got to do it with some masters to boot...i really want to see a photo of rogers beard....i think we need to have a beard contest.LOL...thanks for sharing john

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 04:13:52 pm »
 Mike, scroll back to page 15 in this section(Flintknapping) look for Nice Coral Points and things. 15 pictures down is a picture of his smiling face, the one with the glasses and Panama Hat on.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 04:39:51 pm »
Cool stuff, Eddie. I 'specially like that custom Clovis for killing mammoths that are hiding behind trees. ;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 09:20:06 pm »
  Ahh, you mean the one that broke and was turned into a knife :), The first one, odsidean, is sporting some deep notches now. It was getting late and dark Saturday and didn't want to start notching then.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 08:22:32 am »
Mike, scroll back to page 15 in this section(Flintknapping) look for Nice Coral Points and things. 15 pictures down is a picture of his smiling face, the one with the glasses and Panama Hat on.

OK............here is the One and Only Bonepile...........man if we all had a Job that We could grow Dem Chin Whiskers.....I'd be right there!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 12:53:24 pm »
I'm sittin'down in that shot,that fella standing there has a real beard.You just have to have a job in an Amish area.
Bone pile
Venice Florida