Author Topic: Hawthorne Flatbow - Not for BOM  (Read 11772 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hawthorne Flatbow - Not for BOM
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 10:56:04 am »
Sorry about this, Gordon. Do you think you can make a successful repair?     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 11:19:45 am »
Holy smoke Gordon that is a stunning bow. I am going to have to buy a computer with more memory to store all of your bow pictures. ::)
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 02:00:03 pm »
Pat it could be repaired. Some of the wrappings would need to be removed, the bow retillered, and a sinew patch applied over the splinter. That will have to be a job for later.
Gordon

Offline Jbell

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 06:28:53 pm »
Man I really hate to hear that Gordon. >:(  Been there done that! Hope it will repair ok.
Justin Blunt

Offline sailordad

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 06:57:07 pm »
real nice bow gordon,as usual just love it, real sorry to hear about the splinter :'(
i guess it goes to show even those with lots of talent for bowmaking,also make bad ones time to time.
it sure makes those of us that arent at your level feel a little better knowing that this is normal ;)

peace,
                                                                       tim

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Keenan

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 07:23:24 pm »
Sorry to hear that Gordon, Maybe a winter restoration project?  If anyone can save it I would place my bet on you Gordon.   Sure a nice looking bow and at the very least would be a great display bow ;)