Author Topic: where can an american buy linen thread?  (Read 28964 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: where can an american buy linen thread?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 01:27:35 pm »
Youngbowyer, I use silk thread to wrap fletching. I get it from 3Rivers(an advertiser) and it comes in 4 or 5 different colors. Silk is thin and strong.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

youngbowyer

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 05:22:53 pm »
I', GONNA USE THE LINNEN THREAD! >:( ;D

stevesjem

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 06:00:55 pm »
There is evidense of silk thread being used as on the MR arrows and the westminster arrow.
However I have never seen any actual artifacts that show linen thread being used, if there is and I'm wrong then i apologise but would like to know where the artifacts can be seen

Cheers

Steve

youngbowyer

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 09:12:31 pm »
I am not the smartest guy on that suff i would actually say I know nothing about evidence and stuff( that's why im buying secrets of the englishwarbow soon!:P) But Richard head uses it and Nick Birmingham uses it and I really like the look of it. and btw With linen you can get the nice natural color. I found a new site that sells it cheaper here's the link, http//www.wmboothdraper.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_25&products_id=757 i will buy unbleached. So the last one in the pic. What do you use on your arrows Steve?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:22:23 pm by Marc St Louis »

Offline Loki

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 10:10:08 pm »
Some good thread on that site!
I'd go for the 35/2 size.

I cant see clearly in the picture how thick it is if you have any experience with that type of tread tell me please.
It's a sewing thread,100% Polyester i believe.It's strong enough for arrows and it fall's between the feather vane's very neatly i find,i hate gaps in fletching's!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:22:00 pm by Loki »
Durham,England

stevesjem

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 06:02:41 am »
I am not the smartest guy on that suff i would actually say I know nothing about evidence and stuff( that's why im buying secrets of the englishwarbow soon!:P) But Richard head uses it and Nick Birmingham uses it and I really like the look of it. and btw With linen you can get the nice natural color. I found a new site that sells it cheaper here's the link, http://www.wmboothdraper.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_25&products_id=757 i will buy unbleached. So the last one in the pic. What do you use on your arrows Steve?

I use pure silk thread on my "Livery Arrows" and nothing on my general shooting arrows.

Steve

youngbowyer

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 09:27:48 am »
Lol my last decision im gonna buy somac thread from richard head ;D :o :P shipping will only cost me $8

Nick

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 09:47:39 pm »
I also bought somac from Richard (being in canada it seemed extravagant) but the problem is it separates the feathers too much.

youngbowyer

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 09:56:38 pm »
How long did it take for the thread to come. On richard's arrows and Nick Birmingham's arrows you don't seem to notice a lot. If you have any pictures left of those arrows, I would appreciate it if you could pm me and give me the pic.

Tom.

Nick

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2008, 01:13:05 pm »
Give me a day and i'll send you some pictures of my arrows. I mean the thread doesn't seperate the feathers TOO much but it is nicer with silk thread. It took three weeks to arrive but thats only because i ordered numerous other things along with the thred so i'm guessing two weeks tops you would wait.

youngbowyer

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:29 pm »
thankyou very much ;D :D

Nick

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:08 am »
No problems.

youngbowyer

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 12:13:19 pm »
Now im really not sure what to buy! Where are the pics??? lol  :P( take your time)

Nick

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 02:26:07 pm »
I'm sorry it's just my camera is messed up at the moment but i promise i'll PM you some by the end of the day.

youngbowyer

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 03:30:31 pm »
i was just kidding, take your time.