Author Topic: Squirrel Hunt Success  (Read 9105 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Squirrel Hunt Success
« on: December 20, 2008, 06:51:06 pm »
on my way to my stand this afternoon, i walked through a group of pecan trees near the house of the people who let me hunt their land.  saw seveal squirrels and got off some close shots.  i did manage to hit one using my new g5 small game point.  the hooked part actually grabbed the squirrel and pulled it off the limb it was sitting on.  success was fleeting as the owners 85 pound pit bull decided squirrel was what's for dinner.  easy come, easy go.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Squirrel Hunt Success
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:24:50 pm »
That's what the broadheads are for...........:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:35:45 pm »
Or in my case - a big rock. Damn pit bulls >:(. Oh but congrats on the squirrel :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 01:32:16 pm »
Should have established who's the dominant male >:D!

Badbill

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 03:03:42 pm »
Yeah, but pitbull is a little greasy, unless you have a good sauce. :o

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 05:38:55 pm »
 Or, one of your , Patented, Rock Squirrel, Blunts.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 07:20:41 pm »
nice shot, well it saved having to dress it out....which would have been a huge pain, prob not worth it...seared in a pan with olive oil, then deboned and simmered in a red pasta sauce with fresh garllic and pepper to lay over a bed of noodles....yeah probably not worth it....drooooolllllllllllll.
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:24 pm »
pickin on them little buggers are we?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 11:05:14 am »
james, you should have seen the shot i made on a squirrel last week with the bow you made.  a perfect head shot while the squirrel sat at the top of the pecan tree.  i beat george, the pitbull, to that one.  i figure if i can hit a squirrel, a deer shouldn't be a problem.  besides, i love squirrel-n-dumplings!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 04:53:17 pm »
Careful now everyone...congrats on your squirrel! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 10:16:45 pm »

Yeah, I would have let the Pit Bull have it also.  They don't have a sense of sharing...... ;)

Wayne

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 10:31:06 pm »
  my little cousin (7) got bit by one, walking home from her elementary school. those damn things gotta be watched, swear to god its like there mental setup is iolent to begin with. how'd you like the g5? I'm pretty close to buying those hammers on 3riversarchery's site, not sure if you've seen em or not- like a very durable judo head. sorry to hear about you're loss, although im sure an accidental broadhead through that pit wouldnt be the worst thing ;D good luck man, maybe try bowfishing line ;D for the truley lazy outdoorsman ;) -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 11:34:43 pm »
nice jo bon the squirrel but it is true dog was a delicasy to the natives...greasy.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 01:33:06 pm »
 Them Pit's are worth they're weight in gold if you want to run down hog's with dogs.That is alot of fun and trussing up them hogs would be a great deal more dangerous to handle if there was'nt a couple of Pitty's hanging off the pigs face.You feed them pigs on sweet feed for a few months and you got some fine eatin' 
That's what pitt's were developed to do.They are bred to be fearless and bite.I think that trying to make cuddle pets out of them is right up there with making pet's of mountain lions,bobcat's,alligators,bear trap's,Meth addict's,etc......
 Squirrel and gravy and biscuit's is probably one of the dinners that they eat in heaven.   Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 04:12:11 pm »
I have a pitbull....his name is Kaine, one thing you gotta know about pits is that they are good dogs to their specific owners...he's violent when i let him be and nice when i tell him to....they like to please their owner's...probably the most obediant dog I've ever owned...don't think i would ever get another breed!

P.S. Most of the "Pit bull" attacks that you hear about, really aren't pit bull's, it's just the media blowing things out of proportion....and pitbull's are actually a lot less "edgy" than most people think....look up some temperment studies on google!

-Ky
GBR!