Author Topic: do not by arrowheads from by the sword.com  (Read 7496 times)

youngbowyer

do not by arrowheads from by the sword.com
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:25:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

For christmas my parents gave me some hand forged heads from by the sword.
They say that the inside diameter is 5/16 while they are actually 3/8 in diameter.
and the leaf shaped head is way too big and the type 13 broadhead is made very sloppy >:(
So dont buy heads from by the sword. I am now hoping to get some handforged heads from sevenmeadows archery.

Nick

Re: do not by arrowheads from by the sword.com
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:49:25 pm »
sorry to rain on your parade but those are machined and not hand forged, whats more is that they are quite poor quality. I know this as my friend ordered from their site and you can see that the quality is low and there is no socket line. Plus you can tell both of these features just by looking at the pictures.

Sorry,
Nick L.

youngbowyer

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 06:57:36 pm »
As soon as i opened the package i could see that they were machined. But the website says that they are all hand forged in india. I just finished up a beautiful set of arrows and no i will ruin them by having top put on those tips. Though i still have 2 nice bodkins and i might order some Hun arrowheads from sevenmeadows archery they look really good and i know i can trust those people cause the famous bowyer istvan toth works there, and i have ordered several things from them before. ONly problem is that they are 9 dollars each. Next time i am going to import from England!!

youngbowyer

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 06:59:26 pm »
sorry to rain on your parade but those are machined and not hand forged, whats more is that they are quite poor quality. I know this as my friend ordered from their site and you can see that the quality is low and there is no socket line. Plus you can tell both of these features just by looking at the pictures.

Sorry,
Nick L.

Wait are the heads you are talking about from sevenmeadows archery or the ones from by the sword. Because the ones from sevenmeadows archery look like good quality arrows.  THough they dont seem handforged.

Nick

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 07:17:22 pm »
I was talking about sevenmeadows

Nick

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »
yeah importing from England is the better way to go. I do it all the time.

youngbowyer

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »
owh thats a pity well then it best to import from england then i found this other site but im not sure about it, i dont want to waste my money again you know so here it is,http://www.medieval-fightclub.com/category27_1.htm

tell me what you think.

youngbowyer

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:18:05 pm »
i need good quality arrowheads that will fit 5/16 arrowshafts.

Nick

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 11:41:53 pm »
I wouldn't count on them mate as they by the looks of it are not hand forged, and the quality does not look good. If you want good quality "machined heads look google Richard head and on his site there is a good selection of cheap good quality arrowheads. Now if you want better quality "machined heads" look up diy archery.

The long and short of it is that hand forged costs a heck of a lot so no point looking for them unless you have enough money.

Nick L.

joren1993

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
yeh richard head is a good choise for machine bodkins. Although when you are making 11/32+ shafts
diy archery is an even better choise.

youngbowyer

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 10:42:20 am »
I have had 11/32 points make a good fit on my 5/16 shafts if i dont remove as much wood and use some extra glue. I'll maybe send Steve an emal to see how many millimeters they are because then I know if they will fit or not.