Author Topic: Don't Forget Our New Years Shot  (Read 3758 times)

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
Don't Forget Our New Years Shot
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:43:08 pm »
Yep, A lot of archers/bowhunters over the last five or more years have taken to firing an arrow (into the future) to help welcome in the New Year, at midnight on New Years Eve. I think as many need to do it tonight as can, to help carry us into and through this upcoming year. Let's do everything we can to help make it better than it might be.
Do it in whatever manner you wish, in a target and retrievable, a burning one (into water hopefully), an arrow up, up, and away - LOL - involve the family if you can.

Pics would be nice (especially Full Draws -  ;) ) but just git-r-done in any case. The very happiest, safest, healthiest, possible New Year, 2009 to each and every one of you.
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline ber643

Re: Don't Forget Our New Years Shot
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:03:49 am »
I don't do flaming arrows but I mention it because other daring souls like it but here I am with my "Hannah Holmi" , shooting an arrow at one of my targets off the lower level of my tower. Pic taken courtesy of my wife.

Happy 2009
Semper Fi
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 01:14:59 am by ber643 »
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 10:23:42 am »
Bernie, I shot an arrow at the strike of 12 with you and all the others but no pics. You will have to take my word for it! ;D  Momma was already asleep so it was just me and the dogs awake at midnight.
   I shot the arrow up and in a different direction than usual and heard it hit! :o ::)  I'll be taking the dogs for a walk soon and will try to find it. sounded like it hit metal. ::)  I hope that wasn't an omen.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:09:49 am »
I normaly do this but I was ridding in a truck on the way back from Tennessee when the new year struck this year..... :-\
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:32:46 am »
Well Bernie, I didn't find the arrow where I thought it hit. Only woods between here and there. I'll take a stroll down through the woods later and try to locate it.
  Ryan, I hope you had a fun trip. You know we are waiting for lies and pics! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:48:02 am »
i did my near year shot too.

only mine wasn't with bow and arrow.
it was shot glass with high octane liquid.

not a good idea to shoot like that in a highly populated area,like the one i live in.and there is wasy too much snow in my backyard to try and shoot
at targets.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 11:57:25 am »
I did not make a midnight shot but will have to be a crack of dawn shot. Happy new year to all.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline ber643

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 12:39:51 pm »
LOL - I appreciate the comments and efforts (as you also will as years go by). It is a great way to welcome in the New Year - even when you can't do it right at midnight (for any number of reasons). If memory serves me right, this is the first year i have mentioned it on this forum so folks didn't have time to think about, except for those of you that had already been doing it. Next year will be different - it spreads like wildfire - well, maybe a not-so-wildfire -  ;D
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline ber643

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 07:17:46 am »
FWIW, yesterday I added about 13 new FDs to Page 19 of my Traditional Bows Drawn Section of my pages. 10 of them were New Year's Shots. Check 'em out, if you like:

http://residents.bowhunting.net/bsdunn/tbd19.htm
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC