Author Topic: Northwest Traditional & Primitive Archery Expo  (Read 7878 times)

Offline yazoo

Northwest Traditional & Primitive Archery Expo
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:23:18 pm »
does anyone here know any of the contacts for the shoot , I have been trying to get some vendor info with no luck, can anyone help
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline deerhunter97370

Re: northwest traditional primitive archery expo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:11:11 am »
Yazoo this is the web site for it http://www.nwtpa.com/ Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Northwest Traditional & Primitive Archery Expo
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:57:55 pm »
May 22-24
Hood River Fairgrounds, Odell, Oregon
Classes and demonstrations, exhibits, seminars and a traditional archery shoot.
contact:Northwest Traditional & Primitive Archery Expo hosted by: Rose City Archery, Inc. PO Box 5 94931 Quiet Valley Lane Myrtle Point, OR 97458 Phone: 541-572-6408 Fax: 541-572-8906 Email: rosearchery@msn.com Website: http://www.rosecityarchery.com
check out their website for more information
http://www.nwtpa.com/ The Mongolian Horseback Archers, Pacific Horde, of Sisters, Oregon will be demonstrating their skills with the bow and arrow on galloping horses in full costume. Some demonstrations require audience participation! The horses are highly trained to be involved in these exhibitions and it takes years to get a horse or a rider ready. These archers participate in tournaments all over the world and some have earned gold medals in the World Championships (International Horseback Archery Competition) in Korea. Dr. Holm Neumann, a world renowned authority on the subject, will present seminars on Mongolian archery and what life was like a thousand years ago for the Mongols. They will also have a booth to show off their artifacts and to answer questions. Katie Stearns, an exceptional horsewoman, will not only be a star of the archery demo, she will present Masangjae (horseback acrobatics). She has an unbelievable repertoire of tricks she performs -- you may get to see her mounting and dismounting at a gallop, standing up on the saddle and perhaps standing on her head atop the saddle while the horse gallops! Katie competes all over the world and is at the top of her class. Bring the kids! They will be fascinated -- and they may learn a bit of histroy at the same time. Contact: Holm Neumann, Cascade Mounted Archery Center Tel: 541-389-9744 Email: info@cascademountedarchery.com
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Northwest Traditional & Primitive Archery Expo
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:12:12 am »
ttt
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:50:04 am »
Sadly, this event has gotten cancelled. I was planning on attending, but heard of the cancellation, then confirmed it on the website. :(

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:55:51 pm »
Wow! That is sad to hear. But we still have the Central Oregon Gathering on the 15th right? Joel

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 01:46:44 am »
yes, the gathering is a go, hope you can make it out, the weather is supposed to be good.

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 02:41:49 am »
I will walk to the gathering this year if I have to. Which I shouldnt, I planned ahead better this year. See you all on Friday. Joel