Author Topic: Best SMALL GAME/STUMPING combination head ever .......IMO  (Read 10790 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Best SMALL GAME/STUMPING combination head ever .......IMO
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:26:06 am »
Since there's a constant swelling of the ranks, I tend to repost about this head at least once a year, for the once that never seen it.

I've developed this one about 4 years ago because I wasn't completely satisfied with how JUDOs work, since than I've only lost one, and that because it bounced of a rock and whent of a 2000 feet cliff  ;D

I shot at mongoose with all kinds of heads, Judo, rubber blunt, 3/8' nut screwed to shaft, broadhead, adder, 3/8" casing, steel blunt, .......none of them was the right combination, none of them covered all angles.
Having the ones doing good work by killing by shock, but not having the capability to stop themselves so they where easyly lost, The other ones would either leave a screeming animal with a goory mess, or have the critter run away with the arrow never to be seen again, or like this one time , I hit a mongoose it the jaw with a broadhead, she junped around a bit untill the arrow came loose than took off.

...So after a lot of thinking ( and that doesn't come easy to me ) I came up with a head that has uncomparable stopping quality in tall grass ( recently the came out with heads like the HEX and HUMMER, good heads, but don't stop nearly as good in tall grass) all the wile delivering awsome shocking power that kills small game even with marginal hits, this head is extremely easy to match to your broadhead weigth, this head is very easy on your wooden shafts when you hit hardwood and rocks, ( I spend a day testing it shooting all kinds of angles at rock hard Ironwood, and I think I only broke 2 cedar shafts) even shooting up into trees  this head will grab something and come back down, this head is very backquiver friendly, because of the design works a bit like a Flu Flu, losing velocity after 20 yards or so, it's cheap and extremely durable,......just can't say enought  ;D

Here's how I make the TARANTULA :

Start with a bludgeon blunt

cut the pie shaped areas off

match to broadheads, 1/2 a 3/8 casing will give you a 125gr, full 3/8 casing 150gr, 100gr steel blunt 190gr, and so on.......

at this point you can ad (if you feel it necessary) a bleeder blade, or a nail, or a wood screw

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:44:19 am by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: Best SMALL GAME/STUMPING combination head ever .......IMO
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:30:12 am »
Here's a couple of battle tested ones, after years and untold numbers of shots show theyr age, but show theyr longevity too  ;D

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:26:13 pm by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:00 am »
and of course a little gallery too  ;D

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:59:02 pm by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:06:38 pm »
Nice points and nice shooting Manny, but isn't that a fiberglass bow in the one picture? lol.... ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 12:12:35 pm »
Great Idea! I'll be makin some soon ;)....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 01:44:05 pm »
Great idea on the blunts.

I'm moving this to Anything Else. Everyone knows the rules for the message boards involving fiberglass bows so lets leave it lie.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:35:00 pm »
Manny, I tried some and boy oh boy- you aren't kidding about them for small game. Hit like a bulldozer and fly nice and straight. Thanks for the tip Manny!

Offline Pennhawk

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:20:14 pm »
Nice tips man, great shooting..

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:58:08 pm »

I'm moving this to Anything Else. Everyone knows the rules for the message boards involving fiberglass bows so lets leave it lie.

LOL ;D ...guess I'll repost it  ;D or I can delete that one picture and you can move it back  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Keenan

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:01:30 pm »
 Those are awesome points Manny. Worth seeing again. Now if I could just hit something ;D  Ofcoarse cant' shoot for a while but if I could I still probably could hit anything :D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 05:03:50 pm »

LOL ;D ...guess I'll repost it  ;D or I can delete that one picture and you can move it back  ;)

And it is back.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Timo

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 10:31:19 pm »
That dang rooster in one of the coolest trophys I have ever seen Manny. I just marvel over that thing! too cool!

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 10:39:45 pm »
I'll have to try some of those ;)
  Yep, that rooster is my favorite. I love the spurs he was packin  8) 
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 10:48:25 pm »
OK, I got to ask. Do you eat the mongoose? or is there fur worth anything? or are they just a nuisance animal like a ground hog or wood chuck would be here?
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 11:56:24 pm »
Mongoose where introduced to get rid of rats infesting the cane fields (wish they introduced snakes) .......but the idiots didn't take in consideration that mongoose is diurnal, Mongoose is extremely discructive to ground birds and DLR has being trying ever since to exterminate them,...Yeah good luck  ::)

......considered a huge pest here, feels good to whack one now and againg, espetially because the crafty buggers are hard as hell to even get into shooting range.

I have plenty beaver fur stashed away, when i ran out I will use mongoose fur for silencers,..at the moment I use the ones I get for bait, not that I had any luck with them yet  :D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII