Author Topic: Shoot Granny Style  (Read 3003 times)

whitewoodshunter

Shoot Granny Style
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:10:08 pm »
Lately I've noticed that when getting used to shooting a new bow, shoot slowly.Concentrate, draw, and release in a slower motion and you'll shoot more accurately.No need to rush a shot and shoot fast. Concentrate,Concentrate,Concentrate!!!!! As you get used to the bow,weight you may be able to shoot faster with accuracy but no need to rush it starting out.Even experienced shooters can shoot a  new bow badly if rushing the shot.It's not like you have a set amount of time to shoot your arrows.I'm sure we all know this but some of us may stray from doing this.Take your time!!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth . Hope it helps someone...... WWH

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Shoot Granny Style
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:21:25 pm »
I know for sure that in hunting situations most missed shots are because the hunter forgets to pick a spot and concentrate on the shot.. Believe me...i know I just missed a turkey at fifteen yards.. because I didn't notice my bow limb was against a piece of wood when i released....  :'( :'( :'( so you are correct with your assessment of the practiced patient shot.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Kegan

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:11:07 pm »
Shooting carefully helps ingrain good form and allows your body to get used to a solid anchor, a steady hold, and a proper release. Since slowing down my practice sessions and adding a moment's hold at full draw, I've actually been able to shoot better when shooting quickly, and moving targets have been having a rough time ;).

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:14 am »
i shhot slow all the time when i shoot targets,and your right i shoot better when i shoot slower.
just wish i could remember to do that when in a hunting situation :-[
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Scowler

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:33:49 pm »
Sound wisdom.