Author Topic: sticky arrows?  (Read 3918 times)

Offline rkeltner

sticky arrows?
« on: April 18, 2009, 11:20:13 am »
i'ne had problems with pulling arrows from targets, soooo, i got this brainstorm from an experience with something cealled "jig-a-loo", sold at wally world. it's a dry lube, and is very slick. i simply sprayed it into a paper towel, waited for the carrier fluid to evaporate, then rubbed the arrow shaft vigorously with the paper towel. not lnly does the arrow come out of the target easier, it penetrates deeper, so it is probably advantageous for getting better  penatration on big game! :D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: sticky arrows?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:30:44 am »
Thanks RK. I'll have to try some. I've been having trouble with my new cane arrows sticking hard in 3D targets lately. Where in Wally World can I find it?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 11:51:05 am »
i found it in auto lubes, but it may be in hardware lubes. it depends on the particular store

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:12:56 pm »
i'll bet any dry graphite lube would work

what about an odor?
might not be wanting to use it on any arrows you would take into the woods,may spook game from t he smell.
however i could see it being very advantageous for target arrows.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:20:04 pm »
I looked at Wally World and Lowe's yesterday but no luck. Neither had even heard of this product. Can you tell me what the ingredients are so I can find a substitute.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline artcher1

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 12:38:50 pm »
I know what you're saying about some of those 3-D targets Pat. It's hard sometimes to keep target burn off of wood/cane arrow finishes. If you're having a problem with the polyurethane finish on the shafts I sent you Pat just take some #oooo steel wool dipped in some carnuba wax (Turtle wax is excellent) and buff down real good. After the inital buffing job just a normal wax job helps. This make for a super slick finish.

ART B

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:28:43 am »
maybe not all wally worlds have it!? i've seen it in some auto parts stores, too, but i can't say beyond that. it's hard to miss, in an orange can. it doesn't saywhat the lube is, just that it's not an oil, wax, grease or detergent.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 02:43:46 pm »
Does this help?

[attachment deleted by admin]
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Dutchman58

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 02:55:10 pm »
http://www.jigaloo.com/us/e_products_jigaloo.php

According to their own press, it doesn't stink. To humans, I guess. The link also has a store locator feature.
Remember the Alamo!

Offline artcher1

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:31 pm »
If you have plans of refinishing your arrow or bows don't use a silicone based product on them.

ART B