Author Topic: Two new points  (Read 1917 times)

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Two new points
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:07:02 pm »
I knocked out a couple this morning while I was supposed to be asleep.  One is thunder chert adn the other is heck if I know.  It is black, a little glassy, and I wish I had a truck load of it.  For some odd reason, English Flint comes to mind.  Anybody know?Flakes great.  Both came in just over the legal width, so I may m ount them adn atleast chunk them at squirrels or something this fall.

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
Re: Two new points
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:39:54 pm »
still know next to nothing about types of rocks. nice looking work though. i have a broken ceramic plate i am trying to knapp and if johnstone is anywhere near as much a pain to break it will be a while before i try that stuff.

Dustin D.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:11 pm »
Nice work madcrow! sorry, I don't know what that black rock might be..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:09 pm »
 Nice points Madcrow, I would say the black point is Dacite

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:59:29 pm »
I would guess either Dacite or possibly black Novaculite. Both are nice to work.

Good looking points.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.