Author Topic: Cat haters: hunter becomes hunted  (Read 10115 times)

Offline billy

Cat haters: hunter becomes hunted
« on: May 02, 2009, 10:06:05 am »

My brother sent me this pic...don't know if it has been doctored or not, but since I'm not very fond of cats, I felt it was a fitting ending to a member of feline family.  And remember...kitty cats taste like organic chicken!!   :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marietta, Georgia

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Cat haters: hunter becomes hunted
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:30:49 pm »
dont ook doctored to me...i could believe that, predators gotta live and sometimes prey gotta die..natural circle of life
Modern Day Tramp

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 12:46:26 pm »
Hungry snake. Yup, kitty kitty's bit the big one sometimes too 8).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:15:55 pm »
We have cats, and I like indoor cats. But they have no place outside.

Here's a nice example why ;D.

Not that I'd like thta big ol' snake hanging around the front porch like that :o!

Offline Cromm

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:26:00 pm »
ouch....
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Dax

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:03:23 pm »
Of course it's doctored...why in the crap would a snake want to drag a cat up like that, much less waste all that energy?  Totally not necessary and the positioning is ludicrous. I could care less which would win in a battle for survival....that pic just doesn't make sense at all. 

Offline sonny

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 09:15:12 pm »
I can't imagine the snake pulled the cat up there. I figured the cat saw movement up in the rafters and was killed when it climbed up to investigate.
"Curiosity killed the cat" it seems.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Cheque

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:08 pm »
I'm not sure which I'd rather want, a dead snake or a dead cat! ? ???

Offline billy

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:09 pm »
I'm actually a reptile lover, so I'd much rather have a live snake than a live cat.  Besides, cats are an invasive species.  Yes, it's true.  There are millions of feral cats in the US, and they kill tens of millions of indigenous small birds, mammals, snakes, amphibians, etc.  That's why if I get the chance, I'll run an arrow right thru one.
Marietta, Georgia

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 08:04:31 pm »
You need Bus Fare Billy??? I have enough Feral Cats to keep you busy for the Summer.....Can't believe that People will toss a Cat when it's Pregnant somewhere....and the next thing you know....you have a Hundred Feral Cats running around....I too kill them...and I really Hate to Kill what I won't eat...but the destruction and the Mess is too much...and the City won't do nothing for you....so I took it upon Myself to clean up this Mess...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 11:50:57 pm »
 Well,.... They ..taste good from what I've,.. ::) been told. And the skin makes nice, multi colored string silencers. Has anybody ever skinned a Road Kill for the hide? ??? ??? ::) 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:30 am »
having had dozens of snakes as pets, the pic looks real to me.  not sure of the species of the snake.  looks to be some type of rat snake between 7-8' in length.  snakes will take what they can get when they can get it.  i dropped a mouse in with a 6' black rat snake one time.  instead of wrapping him up, he simply pushed the mouse against the side of the aquireium.  i've also seen a boa climb down through some limbs to snatch up a mouse and pull it up into the limbs to eat.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 11:54:45 am »
Looks real enough.Kitty stuck his nose where it did'nt belong.I like kitty's and snakes(And venison and turkey and fish and chicken and pig.........)Mmmmm.....Frank  ;D
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 09:54:34 pm »
  I showed it to the Biologist at work and he said he has seen Corn Snakes do that with young Opossums. He believes the one in the picture is a full grown cat and said a Corn Snake 5' long would have no problem pulling it up there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 03:34:46 pm »
is he sure about the five foot?  looks like at least six, maybe even seven. 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy