Author Topic: Stalking Feet Mocs Finished  (Read 19345 times)

Offline Talonzz

Stalking Feet Mocs Finished
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:06:11 am »
I saw  a pair of these Moccasins/Boots at last years Renaissance Festival here in Minnesota. I tried on a pair and the leather was so thick and soft and the price was so...  Anyway...  I started looking online for other makers of the same type of footwear and found a few, but all of them were still pretty pricey for my wallet. As I kept coming back to the sites I started to understand how they were put together and decided to start saving my pennies to buy some buffalo and elk leather so I could try to make them myself. The next few pictures are the results of my journey.
The main body of the Moc is Buffalo leather. The rust colored trim is elk and the dark chocolate deer leather you might recognize from the "Sexy Moc Prototype" thread. I did use a machine to sew them together but the leather was too thick for the motor so I turned the wheel by hand during the construction... The only reason I plugged it in was for the light. I used upholstery thread. To keep things in place, before and during sewing, I used a glue I found called **** Mender. It's pretty cheap, Non-Toxic, waterproof, permanent and sticks like grim death. There were a few times when I thought about not even sewing things together. And there were a couple of times when I wished I hadn't used it at all. The leather actually seperated instead of the glue joint. I used side cut deer antler for most of the buttons, the top two are crowns... I made the buttons myself also.

Not too bad for my first attempt at this type of Moc...   I am contemplating a sole comprised of a type of rubber cement and conveyor belt shavings just painted on the bottom.

I made this pair for the Renaissance Festival. I should have enough leather left-over to make a pair of shorter ones, for bowhunting, with maybe only 4 buttons each.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:31:26 pm by Talonzz »
Nobody Ever got Anywhere by Being Content...
Central Minnesota

Offline Cromm

Re: Stalking Feet Mocs Finished
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:28:20 am »
Very nice work!!!
How long did they take you to do them???
Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline JustAim

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:41:23 am »
Those look great!! Excellent Work!!  8)

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 07:05:14 am »
Good looking work, you are very talented.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:55:10 am »
Very nice indeed. You did a great job. Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Talonzz

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 11:11:47 am »
Thanks alot guys!!!
I started working on them last Friday morning and had the majority of both of them done by Saturday night...  I had to do the buttons and the lace tabs yet... but I was interrupted with a Honey-do list... You know...  Probably a total of 30-36 hours maybe.  The hand-stitching with a machine took up a bit of time.
I did take pictures as I made them and I was thinking about doing a build-along....   

Thanks again for all of the kind words and praise. ;D
Central Minnesota

Offline Barrage

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:14:25 am »
Those are great!  How was making the pattern for those?  I've been thinking of making a pair in that type of style.
Travis

Offline Talonzz

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 11:16:11 am »
Barrage:  The pattern was pretty simple to make.  PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
Central Minnesota

Offline Scowler

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 11:17:53 am »
Sweet!

Offline Cromm

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:48:40 am »
Hi,
Yeah you should do a build along I think lots of people would want to know the steps on how to do it!!!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline JustAim

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:58 pm »
Yeah a build along would be nice. Or you could just make a pair for all of us  ;D

Offline JustAim

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 06:54:22 pm »
Yeah a build along would be nice. Or you could just make a pair for all of us  ;D

Or just for me........which evers easiest for you  ::)  ;D

Offline Barrage

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »
Barrage:  The pattern was pretty simple to make.  PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Yeah, a build a long (with pattern-making tips :)) would be great.
Travis

Offline Cromm

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 07:18:13 am »
Hi,
If you just lose your job. You could always make and sell some of the mocs till a new job comes up.
Let us all know by PM and see who would be up for it????? Maybe.....
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 02:00:04 pm »

Talonzz,  Those are great!  And to think that poor ol Eddie had to go all the way to Canada just to buy a couple of pairs. ;D

Wayne