Author Topic: 3 rivers arrow spine test kit?  (Read 3355 times)

Offline tumalt

3 rivers arrow spine test kit?
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:12:31 pm »
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=58&s=124&p=214&i=4054X

I was contemplating purchasing the arrow kit above to help determine arrow spine.  Anyone have thoughts on this?  Has anyone used this kit before.  Do you recommend it or no?

I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: 3 rivers arrow spine test kit?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:29:08 pm »
Sometimes the only way to know what works with your bow is to test fire arrows like those in the kit.  I highly recommend the kit if you don't want to make you own arrows.

If you make your own arrows, then you can simply make a bunch and test fire them until you find one that works well.  This only works, however, if you are a lucky person (good luck, that is).  If you've got luck like mine it will take at least 300 arrows, 1000+ shots, an indoor range, and substantial offerings to higher powers before I could find an arrow that matched my bow exactly.  ;)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:29:17 pm »
Lots of people use them. Or you can make your own. Most shaft dealers will sell you a dozen or two that are varied in spine like that.  I made my own kit, but I never have used them.  I like to make them close and sand them until they match the bow. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline tumalt

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:22:28 am »
Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I just placed an order.