Main Discussion Area > Cave Men only "Oooga Booga"

1 Month Living on a Wild Diet

<< < (25/26) > >>

Young Bowyer:
Very interesting stuff, keep it up. I'm not very primitive, more traditional  ;D
However I think I should know what to do when I get lost (When not if  ;D)
Cattails, panfish, crayfish, and squirrel is the farthest ive been to a wild diet.

JW_Halverson:
The purslane is just starting to gow in between the rows of my garden....I see a purslane and chive salad in my near future!

crooketarrow:
   My hats off to you. I did alot of survile camping (we did'nt call it primitive) when I was in my teens and early 20's and I've went a week before and it sucked at first. But was'nt so bad after a couble trips. I can see that is said about what happens after a while. WE STAYED ALONG A WATER SYSTEMS AND FISHED AND TRAPPED. I was a trapper at the time so it was'nt so hard. But I sure learneD the finer points of snareing. Do you snare jamie any if not give it a try. It's sure carryed me.
  LIKE I SAID MY HATS OFF TO YOU
                                GOOD LUCK

merriick1990:
very very interesting! i will be going to pick up some edible plant books for Ohio here in the next few days and definitely going to give this a try sometime! very inspirational!

jamie:
crooked arrow i have used snares before but not an expert. mostly squirrel lines. im better with deadfalls . i do carry wire with me when i go camping though, our campsite in upstate new york is loaded with cottontails and ive snared a few. definitely something i need to get better at.

merriick. i highly recommend books by samuel thayer and a new book ancestral plants by arthur haines. these two have dispelled a lot of the nyths surrounding wild edibles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version