Author Topic: Hip Quiver  (Read 5260 times)

Offline zeNBowyer

Hip Quiver
« on: August 13, 2009, 07:06:58 am »
Decided  i  would make  a  hip  quiver   lined  with  fur for  a quiet  hunting quiver,  this  one  is  fully  lined with rabbit  fur, I  have  new  appreciation  for  working  with  fur,  I  have  made a  lot  of  good  leather  quivers  but  working  with  fur  is a real  skill  to  do  it  right:)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline cracker

Re: Hip Quiver
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:27:41 am »
Very nice quiver. Looks like you could hang it in the back of your belt to keep  it from hanging  on thing that you walk by.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 09:28:55 am »
Did you do the build along from start to finish? I've been working on mine, love new ideals, please give more info.
Order more #70 Artifical Sinew yesterday from 3 Rivers Archery looking forward to a good weekend! More info from anyone would be nice.

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 02:06:36 pm »
I  cut the  pattern,  then  lined  the  inside  with  fur  using  contact  cement, then  after  punching holes I  assemble  with  glue  and  rivets,  the  tricky  part  for  me  is  lining  the  top,  fur is  difficult, stilll  working  on  that  technique:)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 03:17:51 pm »
nice looking quiver!!  Hope it serves you well in your future hunts!   -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:33:10 am »
You did a nice job on your quiver. Working with fur, and especially rabbit fur, can really get to my nose.   I'm in the study phase of building a coyote quiver. Lots of fur there! :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 02:07:14 am »
Thank  you  Pat,  that's  charitable:)  I can  see I  don't  quite  have  the  technique down or  fur  yet,  I  think the  best  way  might  be  to  case  skin  the  critter  so  the  hide  is  like  a  tube,  otherwise  oh  wow!

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:40:24 pm »
I think it's a fine looking quiver. I believe you did a really good job on it.  Tomi   (Mrs. Cheapshot) ;D

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 11:56:17 pm »
Decided  i  would make  a  hip  quiver   lined  with  fur for  a quiet  hunting quiver,  this  one  is  fully  lined with rabbit  fur, I  have  new  appreciation  for  working  with  fur,  I  have  made a  lot  of  good  leather  quivers  but  working  with  fur  is a real  skill  to  do  it  right:)

Pretty. It would be quiet wothout the fur too. Bow in left hand, right hand at mouth of quiver. Quiet as a mouse.