Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 87751 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 02:48:23 pm »
Alan I have one good stone point that I can send you, PM me your address ok :)

Pat I will PM Jeff and see whats what ok
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 03:41:20 pm »
Allen,
I will make you up a couple of stone points for those arrows. Wont prob be as good as patrick could do but they will be serviceable.
Let me know when u will need them.

I could twist up a string as well if no one else has that on their list.

wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 03:44:17 pm »
Hey Wade, Dana is sending me one. If you can do the other that will be great. Get it to me when you can, I'm going to have the arrows done before the NC knapin so I can give them to Pat there. I'll send you my address.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 08:52:37 pm »
Dana
This is a great gesture.  I don't believe that I met Tom, but I would love to help out with the project.  Does anyone have the string, fur silencers covered?  Or any other suggestions on what I you need done?  I don't know if you want to ship the bow to me to finish, but I would be more than happy to do the finish as well.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:50 pm »
Does anyone have a picture of him they could post? I'm pretty sure I met him at the Classic but I'm not good with names.
I would be happy to contribute in whatever way I can.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 10:35:12 pm »
I'd be glad to send in a couple of points for some arrows.
 Send me you adress too. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:11 pm »
Ok, I may end up making more arrows than I thought, this will be a record for me...I usually make about two arrows per year!  :D

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 09:55:05 am »
This thing is really starting to take off :) Thanks guys, just shows what a great bunch of folks that are on the board.

I'm making progress on the stave but am only getting a few minutes a day to work on it :(

Here's a couple pictures of Tom.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 03:29:35 pm »
Busy as heck here at work, I have two co-op students doing a month long internship.

As of now I'm working at roughing out the stave, I had to violate some grain to avoid some bad spots so
it will definately need a rawhide backing, I still need to do some work on it then I will let ya all know if
I think it will make a bow. It will need some heat correcting so if its ok with Pappy I will send it on to him to do his magic :)

David knight is doing a knife.

Mike Roberts is doing the Southwestern Design Bow Sock and a Leather Hand Tooled Tooled Bracer too

Alan is working on some arrows. How many ya making Alan?

Jeff offered to tan a axis deer hide, anyone willing to make a quiver from it?

Could still use a custom bracer, and if some knappers want to donate some stone points that would be cool.

Pat....now all I need is an Address to send them to you at...and I will get them right out to You...I didnt know for sure how long the Bow was going to be....so I made the Sock so it will fit about any Length Bow

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:35:59 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 03:39:32 pm »
Dang Mike thats some nice work :) Yup send finished stuff to PatB and don't forget to e-mail him a few pictures for the articles.

Thanks for taking part Mike its greatly appreciated :)

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 04:31:55 pm »
Nice Mike, i like the picture with the arrow threw you'r head  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline cracker

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 04:39:43 pm »
How about a steel hawk maybe with some initials cut into it.I think I could handle that.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 07:37:53 pm »
How about a steel hawk maybe with some initials cut into it.I think I could handle that.Ronnie

Ronnie I will take ya up on that offer :) And thanks for taking up the cause its folks like you that make this forum something special :)

I'm blown away by the generousity of ya all eh :) Yer all the best folks I know.

May God bless you all eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 12:06:19 pm »
Rick Trojanowski is going to make the string and silencers for the bow and he has also volunteered to finish the bow, Thanks Rick :)

It will be at leats the week end before I have tiime to finish roughing out the bow :( And I'm still questioning the quality of the stave, but we shall see eh

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2009, 12:13:40 pm »
Just let me know where you want me to come in,if you wind up needing a better stave let me know,I can cover that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good