Author Topic: squirrel hunting yesterday  (Read 1911 times)

Offline sonny

squirrel hunting yesterday
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:27:37 am »
Squirrel season started yesterday here in Va. So my buddy Darrell and I went after ‘em.
He had done some scouting and told me that they’d be in the hickories cutting hickory nuts. Sure enough when we got in the woods we heard ‘em gnawing away…..

At one point I had shot at this one squirrel three -yes, I said three- times when Darrell went around the tree it was hiding in, only to spook two of them in my direction. They hopped from tree to tree, ending up in a big white oak which they ran around [the trunk] a number of times, during the 1st trip around I came to about a quarter draw and then ‘bout doubled over laughing at the situation. Finally one stopped on my side of the tree and I launched a blunt at him, only to miss by inches, my arrow getting hung in the tree……Oh well it’ll blow out of there at some time ……….

All in all we had a blast even though we didn’t manage to kill anything other than time.
After probably 15 shots we had broken three arrows, lost two –well one of  ‘em’s not really lost but is stuck up a tree….heck I had a great time !!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: squirrel hunting yesterday
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:30:07 am »
Glenn, fun it what it is all about. Sounds like a successful hunt...you just didn't get to bring the prize home.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstick

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:56:53 am »
there is no down side to this story, u had fun and you dont have to work at cleaning rats.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 08:35:20 pm »
Sonny,
Sounds like a great time. Being there is what it's about.
Chasing C row
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:09:02 am »
there is no down side to this story, u had fun and you dont have to work at cleaning rats.

my thought exactly
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd