Author Topic: China Ebay bamboo shafts  (Read 2902 times)

banoch

China Ebay bamboo shafts
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:56 am »
I was going through the archives yesterday trying to find info on making bamboo arrows (thats what I ant to use) and found a thread about a seller on ebay who appearently had, what some felt to be, quality shoots but only in very high spine weights. I contacted them about some in the 40#-50# range. They wrote me and said that they are the factory who produces the shoots but did not have any in that weight but would "produce" them for me but the minimum order would be 500 pieces.
My question is this: Is there anyone who is wanting some in these weights who is willing to do a group buy type of deal? I am still waiting for a response as to what the price will be but if it is reasonable I may go this route as I have found no bamboo to use.
I hope this does not fall outside the scope of what is permissable here and if it does please fell free to delete this thread and then flame me for doing so. ::)  ;) 

Offline DanaM

Re: China Ebay bamboo shafts
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38:07 am »
You can buy a bundle of 500 tonkin cane shafts for about $70 delivered from either Ben Meadows or Bamboo Supply in Lakeland Florida
Get the 3/8" by 4 foot ones. They are sold as garden stakes, the spine will vary but with 500 you have hundreds of usable shafts :)
Can't provide links as they aren't advertisers but do a Google search and you will find them.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

banoch

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:56 am »
WOW! Didn't know that. Thanks Dana.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:43:51 am »
Of course you have to size, spine and straighten them but thats half the fun eh ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

banoch

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:19 am »
Is a heck of a price though. I thought the same thing which IS something I do not know how to do..........yet. Reading,  reading,reading......................... Learning,learning. Slowly it goes.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 01:20:53 pm »
That's the route I went, got the bamboo from Dana's source. A lot of these arrows will spine out very heavy, but they still shoot really well out of a 50-55# bow.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

banoch

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 11:07:39 pm »
They wrote me back and said that they would "produce" shafts for me in the weight range I want but there would be a minimum order of 500 pieces at .50 ea. I can't swing it though. thats why I was wondering if anyone would want to split with me. Oh well. I am going to try to gather stuff locally.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »
huh. thought they would cost alot more than that.
lets just shoot it