Author Topic: It just feels good  (Read 2632 times)

Offline chasing crow

It just feels good
« on: November 22, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »
Well, I have been able to get out many mornings for about an hour before going to work. I have also gotten out a couple of times for around 4 hr each including this morning. I haven't seen a deer and only heard turkeys a couple of times. But a little stumping on the way out and several shots (no meat yet) at squirrels always make for some fun. I do say just being out there with a self bow, enjoying nature and the anticipation is fantastic!! I have enjoyed every minute.
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline woodstick

Re: It just feels good
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 09:54:02 pm »
thats the way iam i dont have to bring home meat, it is nice when i do but to just have the freedom to get in the woods and n-joy gods great earth is good enough for me.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Bentstick81

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:08:33 am »
  I agree. My tnedonitis in my elbows have been bothering me lately. So the other morning, i had to take my, hate to say it, c******D out because my elbows hurt so bad. Stumped with it a shot or two. Just wasn't the same. I put it away, and grabbed my selfbow. My elbows will just have to hurt. It is amazing how a stick in your hand, makes you and the woods come ALIVE! Good luck to all the rest of season. Don't hate me too bad for the "C" word.LOL

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:14 pm »
its all good atleast you get in the woods.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:27:05 am »
Ya, my neighbor gave my daughter and I compounds a couple of years ago (he's not hunting any more due to age and health). I had never shot a bow except once in phys ed about 35 years ago. We never even shot them, neither of us had any interest. Once we got a bent "primitive" stick in our hands, it was magic. I still love my flint locks but the sticks really get my fire started!  We will make meat one day but until then, just getting out works for me.
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:38:06 am »
A day in the woods is better than any other day.  I know what you mean.  I love to get out and away from everything and just watch nature.  The harvest is a great bonus.  I also like getting out searching for trees to harvest.