Author Topic: Mobile Ground Seat?  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Bentstick81

Mobile Ground Seat?
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:37:25 am »
  I hunt with selfbow, and found that  carrying blinds, seats, stools, etc... is not for me. I am starting to use mobile blinds,like Asbell talks about. He mentions using a screw in seat called Cross Creek tree seat. He uses it, more or less, to just lean against to take the weight off his feet, for priods of time. Does anyone use this seat, or knows of a company that makes something like it? Thanks

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Mobile Ground Seat?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:19:13 am »
I have a seat that straps to the tree. It is a fold up type with a cloth seat.  The Torges tree seat is one you can make and is simple and easy to make and use.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bentstick81

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:23:50 am »
  Yah, i made a torges seat, and it works ok. I was looking for one so i could just lean against it. Like approx. a 45 degree, angled down.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 10:34:24 am »
I have one that Looks like an Old Bicycle Seat....with a small platform on the Bottom...and you just ratchet Strap it to the Tree Limb you decide to sit on....works good...but sure limits movement...and makes the Old Butt Cheeks go Numb too...... :-[
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline boo

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 11:44:17 am »
sportsmansguide       /net/cb/Hunting-Solutions-Millennium-Ground-Seat.aspx?a=348226&kwtid=249734

this is the seat i use now. It is hands down the best i have ever used. Fast, light, easy to transport, and i can sit for five hours without as much as moving my butt to reposition. I like to set it up on the tree where my feet are flat and i can stand up very easily. Kinda pricey when i bought mine (75.00) but i have never regretted it. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:06:17 pm by Justin Snyder »
Boo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:07:32 pm »
Nice Seat.....but that wouldn't work here....the Trees aren't straight enough to go off the trunks...or big enough....got to find a Branch to sit on....and they are all damned near horizontal....... ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 10:57:26 am »
Best, easiest, most comfortable and versatile thing I've found is one of those closed-cell cushions that attaches to your back belt loop like turkey hunters use. You don't know it's there until you sit down, then it makes a big difference. Waterproof, too. You can find them almost anywhere for about ten-twelve bucks.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.