Author Topic: chaga fungus (with photo)  (Read 19719 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
chaga fungus (with photo)
« on: December 04, 2009, 06:34:09 am »
this is the true tinder fungus that grows mostly on birch but can be found on other trees here in the northern part of the world. ive been drinking tea made from this fungus . tastes a bit like coffee. healing properties from this conk sound like they are fairy tails. science has found it to contain anti cancer/tumor properties. also it has natural chemicals used to fight influenza. it also contains more anti oxidants than any other naturally occuring source. ive been drinking it since flu season started and concidering my kids have been throwing the plague back and forth to each other and a good friend has had the flu, i havent been sick yet. thought you all might find some interest in it. google it . the info is really surprising. its hard to find in the woods but its there if you look.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:33:37 am by jamie »
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

Re: chaga fungus
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 07:56:13 am »
Is that the one that looks like a burnt spot on the birch tree and is hard as a rock?

I haven't had a cold or flu in 4 years jamie :) and its because I work in a sewage plant and get exposed to lots of little nasties which results in
a immune system in overdrive, this has been proved scientifically ;D So folks quit using all this antibacterial crap and get dirty its healthy ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline jamie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:06 am »
yup. looks like a charred limb. i agree on the dirt too.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 08:48:26 am »
Is that the one that looks like a burnt spot on the birch tree and is hard as a rock?

I haven't had a cold or flu in 4 years jamie :) and its because I work in a sewage plant and get exposed to lots of little nasties which results in
a immune system in overdrive, this has been proved scientifically ;D So folks quit using all this antibacterial crap and get dirty its healthy ;D
It's not the dirt, germs just don't want to hang out with you ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:30:24 am »
Thanks Rick, it must be my charming personality eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 04:10:37 pm »
Dana M , I  agree with you on the dirt thing. I,ve worked construction forever an my hands are always dirty an I don,t use all these hand sanitizer things, eat  my sandwich just use the bag to keep heavy dirt off from it, an I,m healthy as a horse, maybe I,m just lucky but I believe dirt helps you build up immunitys. I,ve been skinnin fur every year since I was a kid an never wear gloves, got a few tick bites an flea bites over the years but nothing serious. Just make sure an take a shower in evening after a day  of handling furs.  Mrs. doesn,t aprreciate flea bites.8>(  I believe clean dirt is healthy. Later Bob

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 05:01:02 pm »
Actually your  hands  are the  one  thing(s)  you  should  keep as  clean  as  practical, they  are  responsible  for  most transmission of harmful microbes, in  the  home  and in  the  hospital
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 11:04:31 am »
Dana M , I  agree with you on the dirt thing. I,ve worked construction forever an my hands are always dirty an I don,t use all these hand sanitizer things, eat  my sandwich just use the bag to keep heavy dirt off from it, an I,m healthy as a horse, maybe I,m just lucky but I believe dirt helps you build up immunitys. I,ve been skinnin fur every year since I was a kid an never wear gloves, got a few tick bites an flea bites over the years but nothing serious. Just make sure an take a shower in evening after a day  of handling furs.  Mrs. doesn,t aprreciate flea bites.8>(  I believe clean dirt is healthy. Later Bob

my dad is a rigger, and he's the same way. i think it has more to do with the constant physical work. i think that actually useing your bodie for what  its made to be used for is better for it than just about anything you can buy.
lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 02:18:18 am »

Jamie, I think the Ice Man, had some of that in his pouch also.  It was used like you said, for infections, and other medicinal uses.  It was also good for expelling intestinal parasites.  :P  I think I have some of that in Montana.  Got it off of a piece of paper birch.  Hard as a rock.  I got it for tender.  You can ingest that?  I want to get a good identification on it though, before, I go making a tea out of it.  When does it go bad?  As in you can't use it anymore?  This one was a tan, to dark brown.  Was flat on top, and angled in towards the tree from there.  Do you just cut a chunk off, slice off the hard outer part, and use some of the inner stuff? 

Wayne

Offline jamie

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 05:55:58 am »
wayne that sounds like a birch polypore. chaga is just a big ol chunk of nasty growing on the side of the tree. looks like it is burnt on the outside. do a search and you'll see a difference. i have been drinking a cup of the tea daily. anytime i felt the slightest bit of a cold coming on i drank a heavy dose of it before hitting the sack. the following day all symptoms were gone.

waterbury, ct

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 04:39:14 pm »

Alright Jamie, I will do a search on it.  I know mushrooms, in general are good for the immune system, it helps in the production of white blood cells.  Just curious, how did you come about making a tea out of this nasty looking stuff? :P
                                                                Wayne

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 04:49:15 pm »
Clostridium tetani inhabits  soil as spores,
the  organism responsible  for tetanus,  or  lockjaw,
the terminal  stage resulting in  the  victim spasming  so  hard they  break  their  backs~
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline jamie

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 04:57:33 pm »
Wayne a friend of mine is one of the leading ethnobotonists in the northeast and he asked if I had seen it in my area. He then told me its properties.

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 08:08:00 pm »
Wayne just don't make any tea from the shrooms eddie grows in his closet :o :o :o :-X :-X :-X

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 09:51:39 pm »

Don't worry, Dana, I don't want to see any visions...... ;D  If I want to be set free, I will just take a little NC mountain spring water, so to speak...... ;)
                                                                           Wayne