Author Topic: New to Primitive and lookin for answers  (Read 2395 times)

americanhunter7

New to Primitive and lookin for answers
« on: December 06, 2009, 05:06:07 pm »
Hi all I am new to the primitive archery family and am looking for a few answers to some basic questions. I am sure, although I haven't found it yet, that some of the answers to my questions are posted in here somewhere, but I'll ask none the same.
I am looking for someone who makes primitive stone hunting points (bird points), Anyone know who does that in here??? I hope to get a few replies, and am sure I will! Next, I have a question about the river cane that grows in Indiana, where do I find it what does it look like, etc. I currently am using tonkin cane that I get from a very good source, but would like to harvest some myself to get the full primitive experience. Hope to get some responses and it's great to see so many involved in this wonderful, creative, and very humbling pastime.
Thanks,
John (americanhunter7)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New to Primitive and lookin for answers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 05:36:27 pm »
John, I have heard that native cane grows in Southern Indiana but I don't know that for fact. There are other shafting materials that do grow there that were used by Native Americans for arrows. Red osier dogwood is one that comes to mind. Almost any shoot material should make arrows with some being better than others.
  Also,post on the knapping thread for your point request.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline boo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 07:11:12 pm »
Id talk to Billy for the points you need, second to none in my book
Boo

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:44 am »
As for flintknappers just go to the Flintknapping section :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI