Author Topic: Flash lights  (Read 2150 times)

Offline boo

Flash lights
« on: December 18, 2009, 09:44:31 pm »
What is the best light to get for blood trailing? Ive been using a small mag light for years with good results but if there is something out there that is better id like to get one. I dont use one to get to and from my stand, just blood trailing after dark.  Got any suggestions? Battery life, durability,are my only real concerns. thanks Boo
Boo

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Flash lights
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:23:53 pm »
Bobby, I prefer a Coleman lantern. Really makes blood jump out after dark. I think the old pump up type as well as the propane type both work well.
  There are colored flash lights that are supposed to make the blood show up well but I've never used them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lowell

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:41:26 am »
I had a blood trailing light and it did nothing for me. :(

Just a good bright light is what I want!! ;)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline PeteC

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:08:06 pm »
I'm with Pat 100%.A coleman lantern really shows hard to find blood drops very good. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:36 pm »
 Wal mart has a headlamp (led) with four settings ... very compact and has a red light.. the red is great for getting to your hunting area deer can't see the red light.. The led light is powerful and bright white light.. shows blood trails like crazy.. I like them in grizz country at night because they are hands free and they are about 20 dollars and last for fifty hours of use before changing battery.   
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 11:27:21 am »
I'm with Hawkbow, I love the little Energizer brand head lamps, I own a bunch.  I've used them as my main light while navegating through the swamp tooling along in my small mud motor boat.  I can't speak to blood tailing with them, but they put out plenty of light to get a bead on those darned raccoons when they try to get into the chicken coop at 3 AM.  I usually get more than just 15 hours out of them, but I'm not trailing blood either.  Guess it depends on which mode you use them in.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline boo

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 01:12:42 pm »
Ill have to give the led headlamp a try. I was under the impression that the led lights were no good for blood. I guess its the difference between the blue and white color bulbs? I also like the hands free idea with the headlamp. Thanks for the help, Boo
Boo