Author Topic: Bow without a home  (Read 9542 times)

Offline DanaM

Bow without a home
« on: December 27, 2009, 01:22:01 pm »
Just finished this one up. After making a rookie mistake by getting in a hurry trying to get it done for Christmas it came out light >:(

Osage 40#@26", 60" NTN, buffalo horn overlays, stained it medium brown and used the crinkled bag technique to add some contrast to it.

Need to find a good home for this one, any idears guys?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

Re: Bow without a home
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 01:23:36 pm »
more

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »
Dana thats not a mistake,  thats a nice bow! The tips, stain and profile look great.  I think anyone would be happy to have that even if it is light for a guy it would be perfect for a woman or youth.  If no one eles chimes in here I do know someone who would be very honored to have it.

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:35:14 pm »
There's always a kid who needs a good bow!...who knows it may be the one thing keeps him out of trouble and in the woods for the rest of his life!  of you can give it to me  >:D >:D

-Ky
GBR!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:36:42 pm »
Thanks Keenan, I need to shoot it in some more I will take it to work and shoot it down the hallway :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:52:37 pm »
Thanks Keenan, I need to shoot it in some more I will take it to work and shoot it down the hallway :)
Dana is that a secured hallway? ::) >:D

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 01:58:06 pm »
 That is a sweet bow.. sent you a DM.. love the dark finish on it.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 02:10:47 pm »
Very nice bow, Dana. Tiller is spot on and I love the dye job!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 02:36:24 pm »
Dana,that is a very sweet looking stick ya got there,tiler looks spot on
and its the preferred weight for me when just target shooting,nothing wrong with a 40# bow
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 02:54:02 pm »
Great looking bow Dana. There are plenty of groups like the WTF and RMEF that you could donate it to. The bow would go to a good home and funds raised would help fight the good fight and protect our hunting privileges.  ;) Or give it to someone who has private land that allows public access as a good will gesture.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 02:57:06 pm »
Very, very nice. Great tips and color not to mention excellent tiller! Bookmarked, too ;)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 03:23:21 pm »
Keenan its enter at your own risk  ;) >:D

Hawkbow if you mean you sent me a PM, I apologoze but I won't recieve it as I'm not allowed a PM account :-[ ???

Pat coming from you thats a compliment indeed :)

Tim I don't mind a 40# bow, but I have 3 bows now and can only shoot one at a time so might as well find a good home for it eh :)

Justin thats a good idea but I'm not a member of any such group and don't agree with all their policies especially our local Whitetails group :o

Thank you Don, I guess I'll join the fun this month eh ;) :)

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 03:25:12 pm »
FYI please e-mail me at mstqsewer@yahoo.com if you have a good home for this bow please tell me some particulars :)

Don't send PM's as I won't get them.

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 03:58:48 pm »
e-mail sent Dana
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mrkinsey

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 04:01:07 pm »
You can send it to me :-D.  I have to start shooting light (torn rotator-cuff).
There is always Hope.