Author Topic: tiller advice  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Benvse

tiller advice
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:25:53 pm »
I believe that the left limb needs to bend more in the last 1/3.  This is a d-bow made of osage.  I was wanting better eyes to look at this.  The bow is pulled to 11 inches at 25 pounds.  Please your advice is needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: tiller advice
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:31 pm »
You need to get the limbs moving mid limb on. There's way too much movement from the handle out to mid limb. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:34:52 am »
What George said!  There is a lot of leverage effecting the handle area so leave that alone and work on the outer limbs. Is that a hinge or a kink in the wood near the right tip?
  You are almost ready for a short string. Be careful pulling any farther with the long string. The reading will not be true.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:14:04 am »
You have been given some sound advise...on a D Bow...you want an Elliptical Tiller...but so far this Bow is only using the center third of the Length to do most of the Bending...from mid Limb to Tips...there is next to any movement.

Pat ...I believe that the spot You are referring to looks like a Knot to Me...the wood is a darker color there too
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:25:49 am »
I hope so, Mike!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC