Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693522 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10065 on: November 28, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »
El D , where did ya go haven't seen ya on here in a long time. Welcome back.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #10066 on: November 29, 2013, 10:08:30 pm »
 Pappy i have been seeing some photos of you sporting a nice braintan jacket. That thing looks sharp!

Mililani Hawaii

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10067 on: November 30, 2013, 04:04:31 am »
Thanks Guys....doing OK....Things have been a Struggle for the last year or so...with Family Losses and Health Problems...but getting my Head on Straight....I'll try to check in more often...I miss you Guys
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Otis

« Reply #10068 on: November 30, 2013, 06:50:38 am »
Mike, good to hear from ya.  Hope you're back to stay. Have missed ya at the Classic.

David

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10069 on: November 30, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »
I am going to try to make it this year...if I can save up the money....it's a long haul from the Texas Panhandle alone...fuel eats me up....But I'll see if I can find a way!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #10070 on: December 01, 2013, 12:07:13 am »
      best wishes for you and yours, I am looking for to meeting you

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10071 on: December 01, 2013, 10:42:04 pm »

El' D,  ;D Glad to see you back, Buddy. Man, missed that unique, charm :) and way with words only you can dish out. I sure hope you make it to the Classic, and Kathie said your hair is longer then hers, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10072 on: December 02, 2013, 05:59:54 am »
Great to hear from you Mike/Tiller.Miss you guys around here. Had a great few days off,no deer for me but lots of close encounters and the weather was beautiful.Got some bow work done/deer skinned and ready to process and we even got a start on our wood cutting. Here are a few pictures of the fun.Rocky's bow out to 50 @ 25 and then back for some heat treating/tip flipping and tip over lays. Jesse I love the coat,You know I always wanted one,Becki done a fine job with the sewing and Thanks for all you showed me in brain tanning the hides.  :)
Miss YA.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:34:57 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10073 on: December 02, 2013, 06:03:48 am »
Sally ,always chewing on something.Jimmy's 4 point,man he is laying them down this year. Tip flipping and tip over lays being prepaired for Rocky's Bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10074 on: December 02, 2013, 06:10:42 am »
Tip over lays ready to put on[TN. White tail]  .Jon working on his Osage,getting it floor tillered. John and a friend[both in the army] showed up for some shooting and bow work. :) As you can see the wood pile is almost gone so we got a start on getting it back up in shape for Burn um up Chuck. ;) ;D ;D ;D
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:36:26 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10075 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:43 am »
Jon's Osage with tips glued on and rawhide job finished. It had some pin knots and a couple of longitudinal cracks so we decided to rawhide back it.  :) The other John working on a take down riser. More wood cutting and Megan,sweet little girl with a beautiful smile that I love seeing. :) Me skinning a doe Jimmy gave me more hides and sinew. 100 LB. DOE. Jimmy and me celebrating the kill. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10076 on: December 02, 2013, 06:22:32 am »
Rockys Over lays ready for finish work. The days wood cutting. Me skinning another deer and Beau walking up on the one he killed Saturday morning. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10077 on: December 02, 2013, 06:31:29 am »
Beau's 159 lb 9 point,nice deer. He hadn't had time to hunt much,you know how life gets in the way at that age so I let him take out the AR to a place I had been hunting all week,felt sure he could kill something.  ;) :) :) I don't usually allow guns ,but heck he's my son and the farm will be his some day anyway, Also he will get to pick my rest home so I need to be good to him.  ;) ;D ;D ;D He was tickled and I was for him. :) Now he has is winter supply of meat for him and Christina. :) Jon's bow to first brace,looking very good so far. Hope yall had a good one I know I did. Life is Good.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #10078 on: December 02, 2013, 08:19:17 am »
Sure is a lot going on there on weekends Pappy, love seeing the pics and hearing about it all, Real nice deer harvest by
Beau and Jimmy. Looks like the firewood pile got replenished quickly and the bows in yhe works are looking good as well. With all that activity going on there a person sure couldn't say they were bored at Twin Oaks. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #10079 on: December 02, 2013, 08:33:01 am »
I've shot bows, worked on bows, worked on arrows, etc, all weekend....and nothing I do here at home could replace just one day down there.  The need for that camp fire is drawin' me closer by the minute!   Looks like another great weekend down in that holler.  Gonna try real hard to get down there again before the year's up.   I have some new bows I need to let Greg test shoot  ;D 
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.