Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693735 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10080 on: December 02, 2013, 08:37:14 am »
Thanks for sharing all the fun Pappy !!
Be  careful spoiling that boy !  :laugh: :laugh:
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10081 on: December 02, 2013, 08:06:12 pm »
Congratulations Jimmy and Beau. Those are some fine looking deer. And, I know about that draw to the campfire, Shannon, It's tugging even more now since I finally got close to one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #10082 on: December 02, 2013, 09:34:17 pm »
Another typical weekend down in the holler. It's been 4 weeks since I was there and it seems like a year. I sure wish I lived closer. Pappy, tell Beau congrats. Beautiful deer. Jimmy, congrats to you too. Rocky's bow is looking good. I haven't had time yet to work on mine. Work, hunting, and grand kids have a way of eating up time.  Ya'll have a good holiday and remember what it's really about.

David

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10083 on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:13 pm »
It chokes me up to see all that incredibly high quality hickory bow wood being turned into ashes.  Just breaks my heart! 

Looks that kid knows how to find the "off button" on whitetail bucks with that AR!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10084 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:01 am »
Ya JW ,he ant much of a gun guy but he does know how to use one when needed,
Miss all you guys also,wished we were closer that's for sure. No worries Dave I figure we will work on it some more when you come back. ;) :) I mean it's only been a couple of years in the works. ;) :) Got the meat grinder repaired yesterday so now ready for me and Beau to grind some deer.I usually don't grind mine,I just make steaks/roasts and stew meat but Him and Christina like it ground so that's what we will do.  :) Also got to put a radiator/grill and headlight in my truck today ,Big Doe >:(  and she didn't need any finishing off. :o ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10085 on: December 03, 2013, 10:01:40 am »
Love reading this post! This year hope to bring a couple primitive bow builders from Iowa down for the classic. Our numbers are growing and going to start meeting once a month.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:41:42 am by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10086 on: December 03, 2013, 10:22:15 am »
Cool John,that's how I started,very small. Looking forward to seeing yall again this Spring,it is always a pleasure to get to see all my friends,even if it is only once a year.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10087 on: December 05, 2013, 06:57:21 am »
The weather is starting to turn bad here,hope all my mid west and west friends are doing OK.We are supposed to get  lots of rain/snow and ice the next couple of days.Hope it clears by the weekend. Got 60lb of deer burger ground last evening for Beau and Christina,I cleaned it really good [all the fat and sinew]so didn't turn out as much as I thought it would ,but it is all prime stuff  ;) :) He wanted to grind it all and it about broke my heart to grind a back strap,I did cut a few steaks off of one before he got there. >:D ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #10088 on: December 05, 2013, 10:07:32 am »
Pappy:  Having a good pile of wood is a good thing.  Its 27 below here this morning with a foot of snow.  Just hope we don't get a big wind.  If my wife and I get to make it to the Classic maybe I should make an effort to harvest a cow elk for your freezer!  You are probably tired of the elk hides.  I am like all the rest of the PA gang and thank you for this post you have blessed us with over the years.  Sure did meet some quality folks there in the past.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10089 on: December 05, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »
Some fine photos this time around, Pappy.  Really enjoyed them.  I'm starting to allow myself to think about The Classic.  New Year is on the way and it always seems like the trip up there is the next stop after.  Angie says she is camping at Twin Oaks this year!  YEAH!!!
She asked me the other day how you were all doing.  Happy Holidays!  God bless you all.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10090 on: December 06, 2013, 06:44:46 am »
Thanks Joe,Elk meat is always good and the hides are good also,haven't got started on the brain tanning this year as of yet but will as soon as deer season slows down and that will be pretty soon. Steve glad you enjoy,that would be cool if she camps,you may want to bring a little bigger tent than you had last year. :-\
I hope she is doing better,if she is wanting to camp she must be.   ;):) :)
Friday and a pretty ugly day as far as weather goes,it is raining and they are calling for an Ice storm this evening and Sunday,hope they are wrong,snow is cool for us but ice is nasty for anybody. I plan on heading to the cabin when I get off if the weather don't get to bad and Miss Joanie needs me around home,she call the cabin my home away from home. ;) ;D ;D Plan on trying to hunt if the rain will stop and also try and finish tillering Rocky's bow and work on the handle.
Hope to shoot it this weekend. Hope yall have a good one. Stay safe,see ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #10091 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:34 am »
Pappy, it's rain and ice here, then later turning in to snow, calling for 4" to 8".  Always fun hunting in the snow, deer can't hide as good. But it's just neat to be out and seeing them moving around in it. Have a good one, tell everyone I said Howdy.  BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10092 on: December 06, 2013, 11:25:22 am »
Radar is showing the weather starting to look rough there in Twin Oaks area.  Be careful and stay safe out there.  Dont think the bad stuff will reach East Tennessee at this point. 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10093 on: December 06, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »
Minus 5F here this morning.  Poor dog tried to do her business without any feet touching the ground.  She was back in the house like a flash and jumped up on my bed to find the warm spot. Can't say I blamed her a lick.

All the birds got extra large rations last nite since they live outdoors, even in this weather.  The larger hawks and owl got venison heart fat added to their usual rat or rabbit.  The fat trimmed from around the heart is particularly rich stuff and converts to heat in their bellies.  I was out at 7:00 this morning to check them all.  None were too happy that I asked them to step onto glove so I could check their feet.  I sure wish someone would cut me a half million dollar check so I could build them a nice semi-heated habitat!

There was a small pile of feathers under my birdfeeder and I am betting a junco met a sharp-shinned hawk for breakfast.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #10094 on: December 07, 2013, 04:10:52 pm »
 Miss it so much!
 Long live Twin Oaks!  :D
Mililani Hawaii