Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706684 times)

Offline burn em up chuck

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10125 on: December 15, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »
   happy birthday jon and brother dan

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline seabass

« Reply #10126 on: December 15, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »
happy birthday Dan and Jon.i hope to see you guys soon.i also want to say,happy holidays to you all.i miss you fellers.
Middletown,Ohio

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10127 on: December 16, 2013, 05:48:18 am »
Happy birthday guys,hope yall have many more. :) I had a great weekend, bad weather and no hunting but had lots of friends over and got a lot of things done
in the shop that needed finishing up. I think we got 3 or 4 bows finished tillered,some skins worked up and wood cut,even split a few stave's.Here are some pictures of the cold fun. Sally  ;) :) she is turning into a really nice camp dog. ;) :) Jimmy's 2 Hickory's finished and shot in.Turned out really nice. :) Rocky's bow out to 52@28 and ready for some shooting. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10128 on: December 16, 2013, 05:52:23 am »
Profile of Rocky's bow. Dan making up a dozen arrows for Will.Dan shooting Rocky's bow a little. :)Kevin doing a little picking for us and Will doing some tip overlay work on his Mullberry bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10129 on: December 16, 2013, 05:55:56 am »
Will jumping in on the picking. Me doing some final sanding on Rocky's bow and Jon needed just a few more scrapes on His Osage. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10130 on: December 16, 2013, 06:00:14 am »
Jon's Osage out to full draw,looking good. :) We normally don't cut Hickory in the winter but we are widen the drive and had some we just couldn't burn,so we made stave's from some of them. Jon making a string,he has became our string man,I love that cause I hate making strings. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10131 on: December 16, 2013, 06:08:07 am »
Art [our tokin Yank]  ;) :)and Dan shooting the bull. Stave's from the Pignut Hickory on the side of the drive to the cabin. Had a good suprise Saturday,a good friend and world class shooter came to visit[Rod Jeaking] and hung out most of the day,very good to see him. :) Great guy and a great shot to boot. He and Jimmy are working on a shooting video and were laying some plans for it over the weekend. Another one of Jon's bows[he says you can't have to many] ;) :)
Sally found a snack,she has them hide everywhere. Just some hanging out and talking bows. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10132 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15:13 am »
Will shooting his new Mullberry bow,tiller looks great and it shoots very good. The neck skin off one of the Gators I killed,I plan on using it as a grip on Rocky's bow,we will see how that goes. ;) :) other skins that need fleshing and tacking down. :) Checking the tiller on Rocky's bow with a new tiller strap that Will came up with,I really like the way it works,it simulates your 3 fingers and gives you a true look at how it will look when you draw the bow. I like it a lot so he made one for me also. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10133 on: December 16, 2013, 06:20:04 am »
Me doing some fleshing. :) Kevin spiltting some fire wood,all we have is green so me and him went and cut some seasoned Ash,man will it make a hot fire. ;) :) Will getting some shooting instructions for 2 world class shooters. ;) ;D ;D
We bought a new chain saw sharpener.Kevin got it set up and man does it do a good job. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:34:35 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10134 on: December 16, 2013, 06:29:35 am »
Jimmy and Rod putting on a show for us,man them guys can shoot. :) :) Will and I
doing some skin work. ;) :) Not sure where these came from ,but thanks. ;) :) A new form in the works,reflex/deflex.can't wait to get something on it. Had a Dad and son show up Saturday evening  form Dickson,TN. the son has build a board bow with limited success and heard about us from the sporting good shop in Dickson so they came to visit,he plans on making it back after Christmas and build a bow,Got to love these kids. Hope yall had a good one I know I sure did. ;)
Life is Good. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10135 on: December 16, 2013, 08:27:08 am »
Looks like another great weekend!! 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #10136 on: December 16, 2013, 10:17:49 am »
Thanks guys. Jon called me last night about 12;30am, I was still up. he was giving me grief about the Sunday night football game. The Bengals got their butts beat. Also said to try and come down after Christmas with all the yanks, he said there is room is the arrow room, all the comforts of home, heat, fridge and out door plumbing. I think the first time I came down with BearG to hunt, I stayed in the arrow room and I think old Dan or Hank, one of Mark's dogs stayed with me. I think before the kennel was up. Any way you all have a great Christmas and New Year. Hopefully I will come down before the March shoot.  BDan
  Jon and Jimmy, can't Micheal bring that Army tent, that thing can sleep plenty.
Cleves, Ohio

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #10137 on: December 16, 2013, 04:22:09 pm »
good times at twin oaks.
Pappy did you get the 550 cord i sent you?
They were going to throw it out because it was a tangled mess but i figured you could use it for hides.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GlennM

« Reply #10138 on: December 16, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »
Hey Jimmy... Invasion from the North?!? We don't come down to invade we are house shopping. Might even bring the UHaul this year. Not to worry Chuckie has all of his shots. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of days. We've been getting hammered with snow the past few days. 40 inches since Thursday.

Glenn

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #10139 on: December 16, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »
look forward to seeing you guys