Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694560 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10725 on: May 12, 2014, 05:54:38 am »
Chuck chasing a thin ringed Osage,he loves that kind of stuff. :o Jon giving Josiah a lesson on tip over lays and Will[beardless Will] cutting out I think Hawthorn he got from Cody.  :-\
  Pappy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:19:21 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10726 on: May 12, 2014, 05:59:42 am »
Old Stump head,things them kids think of. ??? Me putting the final scrapes on the Osage I have been making for a friend in ILL. Supper,left over Classic Boil. Yum yum. :) New flip tip forms being made and put to use. :) My old ones were worn out so Will and I made another pair. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:21:20 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10727 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:46 am »
Osage with both tips on the form. Now this is more what the Classic is supposed to look like,a week late. ;) ;D ;D ;D Osage off the form and looking good so far. ;) :) BigA and Jon,no telling what they were  up to. :-\ :-\ A knife Jon is working on,now that's a knife. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10728 on: May 12, 2014, 06:14:15 am »
PLEASE FORGIVE ME Del.  ;) ;D ;D but if I am going to hunt with the bow you gave me,it has to have a shelf,so a Goff T done the trick,I like shooting off my hand but when I hunt if I hold the bow with arrow on it for a short time my hands go to sleep so I need a shelf to hold the arrow on the bow so I can hang it up in front of me. Hope this don't offend. :) :) :) Osage at my draw,just need a couple more inches for Paul. :) Dan doing some knife blade polishing. :) Chuck still at it. :) Me starting on a new IW take down. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10729 on: May 12, 2014, 06:24:27 am »
Megan shows up for a visit,she and Logan had been to Louisville KY. to the  school archery nationals,not sure how they came out but I think pretty good,we are very proud of our kids. ;) :) Vice all cleaned up/put back together and ready to install in the shop. It works great Greg,the spring was in it backwards,so Michael goggled it and we figured out how it was supposed to be,now it work just as it is supposed to. High tec. red necks for sure. My IW take down with the sleeves installed and ready to put together and start the straighting and tillering process.  ;) :) :) Thats it for this weekend,it was very relaxing for me to spend time in the shop,love the Classic but nice to be back to normal also. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :) Life is Good. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:24:10 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10730 on: May 12, 2014, 07:52:42 am »
Hi Pappy, that's fine it's a shootin' bow as long as you don't put sights, stabilisers or cams on it, that's fine by me >:D
I'd been thinking a wedge could be pushed down under the leather grip if you wanted a shelf. That bow will be getting all excited about going on a hunt instead of sitting in my workshop ::).
Del

Old stump head! :laugh:
Made me spill my tea over the keyboard :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:56:29 am by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10731 on: May 12, 2014, 07:58:52 am »
Great pics as usual, Pappy.  Makes me want to load up and head back out there!  Did Will catch the mange? ;D  Glad the vise worked out for you.  That Stump Head picture is something.  Wouldn't be much of a future without kids.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10732 on: May 12, 2014, 08:30:19 am »
Thanks Del,that is just what I did on the shelf. Greg you are so right on the kids and the vice worked out very nice once we figured it out.  :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10733 on: May 12, 2014, 09:26:02 am »
Beardless Will  :o   Where does he keep his pencil now?

Pappy, I hope you don't mind me posting a picture here but I wanted to show you the Indiana version of Ol' Stumphead.  Its called Bucket Head.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10734 on: May 12, 2014, 09:54:29 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #10735 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:51 am »
WHAT THE FLIP WILL!!!!! Havent seen that face in over two years now  :laugh:

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #10736 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:57 pm »
I thought that was Will, but was afraid to ask.  ;D ;D ;D Loose a Bet?  ;) dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10737 on: May 12, 2014, 08:45:17 pm »
When Will cut his beard off we discovered where the baby birds had flown off to.   ;)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10738 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:36 pm »
There's a handsome man under that fur!  What made you (Will) decide to cut it off?
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10739 on: May 13, 2014, 06:01:48 am »
We were out of bow string material Matt.  ;) ;D ;D Rich's long from Del arrived safe and sound yesterday,he said he loved it,glad he got it all in tact. I had a good afternoon,got my Osage finished tillered 54@28,a little less than I wanted but will work. Also got bottom limb take down sleeve glued up,now to get the top to slide in easy and should be ready for tillering. It was 8 year old IW billets and I am a little leery of it,seemed a little dry,didn't see any dry rot but the Minnie bow I made from it to start with didn't fair as well as I would have liked ,we will see very soon if it works out. :-\ :-\ hate to loose my sleeves but it sure won't be the first bow I blew up. :o :) :) ;)  Got Jury duty next 2 weeks , :( :( :( starting Monday, really dreading that. My days are very routine,when something happens to change my routine I don't like it much,this will do that for sure. >:( >:( >:( I I plan on trying the deft in one ear and don't hear well out of the other story and see how that works out for me.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good