Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706774 times)

Offline Rocky

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11145 on: August 22, 2014, 05:48:29 pm »
Hey Pappy,

Kevin, Steve and I shot the 3-D league last night. Had a lot of interest in the Tennessee sticks. Several wheelie guys in awe and one that wanted to know where we got the fire poker! Have a GREAT weekend all!

Rocky

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #11146 on: August 23, 2014, 09:53:52 am »
   wow thats funny rocky, tell the one don't poke the bear. LOL

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11147 on: August 23, 2014, 10:38:53 am »
Happy Anniversary Miss Joanie & Pappy!... The Good Lord knew what He was doin when He put you two together!..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11148 on: August 24, 2014, 01:24:35 pm »
Thanks Brian , she is very special to me.Had a great day Friday and Saturday and just headed out today for another day of flee markets , finding lots of cool stuff.more with some pictures Monday. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11149 on: August 25, 2014, 05:40:38 am »
It was a good weekend for sure,Miss Joanie done a lot of driving and looking which is what she like to do most is just look, I like to buy so we make a good pair. Started out Friday going out for steak to a special place we have had or Anniversary supp at for all 41 years, then Saturday morning we headed up into KY for a day in Hazel,KY. By the way I was in and out at the farm
to take care of Sally,looked pretty lonely when I was there,here is the fire when I ant there,also some pictures of the yew I was working on before I left for the weekend. It is ready to start tillering now.  :) ;) ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11150 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:18 am »
Sally keeps me company during the week. :) :)The Yew on and off the form. :) :) looking pretty good. I went down Friday to check on Sally before we left for supper and their was a few down shooting. Love seeing that. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11151 on: August 25, 2014, 05:53:40 am »
Some of Dan's latest arrows,I think he is gifting these to Will. :) Getting ready for our steak supper , then headed up into KY. Saturday morning. Very nice ride and beautiful farm country. :) :) Also beautiful crossing KY.lake. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11152 on: August 25, 2014, 06:05:46 am »
Thanks for sharing Pappy - got say that You clean-up pretty good  O:)! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11153 on: August 25, 2014, 06:08:10 am »
Doing some shopping in Hazel,KY. This whole town is nothing but antique shops.  ;) :) I usually don't care for shopping but this was cool,love looking at old stuff and try and figure out what it was used for. Some were just junk stores,had a lot of cool old Beer signs, I just didn't have a clue what that stuff is worth,I have tons of that kind of stuff. ??? ;D ;D ;D
  Pappy
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11154 on: August 25, 2014, 06:13:02 am »
Some stuff was cheap,and some like wood plans and such was not so cheap,just had to look and now and then you would find a bargain.  ;) :) My neck knife from Kevin,wasn't sure If I had showed a close up of it, Thanks again Kevin. Also as we headed back came across this TwinOaks sign,pretty cool. ;) :) Some of the stuff I bought. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11155 on: August 25, 2014, 06:18:27 am »
Then we get up Sunday morning and head out to some more local shops,and also a stop by Tractor supply,what a woman. ;) ;D ;D Great weekend,missed the guys and the farm of course, but couldn't have had a better weekend with my wife of 41 years  and very best friend in the world. :) I am a very blessed man. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #11156 on: August 25, 2014, 06:30:54 am »
Hi Pappy, looks like you got somegood stuff on your trip, that's the only sort of shopping I like.
Those metal beer signs are way cool. I took a pic of that Leinenkugels one with the thermometer on it you have on the side of the cabin (on the verandah) , I'll bet it would fetch hundreds in a fancy London sale room. :o
Guy next door was having a clear out of his garage... I salvaged some good timber and a work bench... even better than shopping :laugh:
I've been making cider over the last week, got about 4.5 US gallons. I'd have done more but I twinged my back. It's started fizzing away nicely already ;D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11157 on: August 25, 2014, 06:55:47 am »
Congratulations on the anniversary! I agree, you clean up real nice ;D You and Miss Joanie are very photogenic .

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11158 on: August 25, 2014, 07:36:11 am »
Thanks Tracy,well at least she is. ;) :) Del good to hear you brew is coming along nicely and yes them signs bring a good amount, guess I have had access of them for so long [35 years] that I didn't realize what they were worth,I literally have hundreds of them over the rafters in my garage.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #11159 on: August 25, 2014, 07:55:29 am »
Looks like y'all had a real good time! Congrats to you 2 :) I think miss Joanie deserves a medal for putting up with you that long!  :laugh:
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"