Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706891 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11175 on: August 28, 2014, 09:20:14 am »
Bushhogs and bows. Sounds like a boys weekend for sure.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11176 on: August 29, 2014, 06:06:41 am »
Yep Pat,it's guys for sure, ;) Miss Joanie don't come and hang out much unless their is more than me to talk to. ;) ;D ;D
Friday and really looking forward to this long weekend [labor day] I plan on doing some bow work,starting the finish work on my Mullberry and long string tillering my Yew bow, I put the Yew back on the form last evening trying to get a stubborn kink out of one end,hope I got it this time, :-\ :-\ I will know this evening when I take it off the form,if so I am ready for nocks to be cut and to thelong string and tiller stick. :) I need to fit in a little time for some bushhogging and a little scouting,scouting this time of year for me consist of looking for mass crop, if the acorns and persimmons are there so will be the  Deer. ;) :) :)
Hope yall have a good one. See ya Tuesday. :) :) Life is Good. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #11177 on: August 29, 2014, 07:39:22 am »
Pappy ... you're up & about at a mighty early hour!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11178 on: August 29, 2014, 08:55:54 am »
Yep,my day starts early,up at 1:30 am in Nashville by 2:15am,then back home by 11:00am if all goes well here at work. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11179 on: September 02, 2014, 05:49:58 am »
Great weekend,got some stuff done in the shop and also a little done to get ready for the up coming deer season,some stand up /some checked and tightened/ food plots sprayed and some clearing and bushhogging of some trails. Here are some pictures of the fun. First s of Scott's stick. ;) :) :)  Some of the old tools I bought hung up and a new blade I plan on making a knife out of when I get some time. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11180 on: September 02, 2014, 05:51:49 am »
Looks like it is going to be a good white oak crop this year. Mullberry bow shooting very good. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11181 on: September 02, 2014, 05:54:07 am »
Grip put on my Mullberry bow. Yew finely straightened out and ready for long string. Jon putting me some beaver balls on my Mullberry bow. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11182 on: September 02, 2014, 05:56:31 am »
Some arrow and bow work Friday evening for Jon and Myself. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11183 on: September 02, 2014, 06:00:44 am »
Cleaning some trails and cutting some cedar for Jon's daughters wedding,not sure what she is planning for them but she wanted them so we cut um. ;) :) Chuck shows up for the evening. New string for my Widow,don't shoot it but still like to keep it in shape just in case. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11184 on: September 02, 2014, 06:03:57 am »
Dan brought us a nice assortment of feathers to use for arrows and such. Some shooting and bow work in the shop.  ;) :)Got some time for some bushhogging Saturday morning early. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11185 on: September 02, 2014, 06:09:47 am »
 One of Dan's new arrows,he is doing some beautiful work. :) :) More bushhogging and Beau and I done some scouting/stand placement and checking and tightening of some stands we had left up from last year. Lot of Box turtles out,must be mating season cause they were sure on the move. :)  ;) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:37:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11186 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:12 am »
Getting some food plots sprayed for weeds and ready to plant in the next week or so. Hope yall had a good one I know I did, :)always good to spend time with friends and especially a day with my son,don't get to do that as much as we use to. ;) :) :) :) :)
 Life is Good.
  Pappy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:38:34 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11187 on: September 02, 2014, 09:27:40 am »
Thanks for finally telling us your early morning schedule.  Never knew about the daily trip to N/ville.  I have always been an early riser and reading your posts makes the start of the day a gooder as one of our friends likes to say!  Went to the hills over the weekend and was surprised to see four good sized bull moose and one cow.  Passed up a shot at some cow elk as it was a little to warm to handle the meat.  Spent one day fly fishing with my daughter and had great success.  This time of year with the start of hunting season really is the reason "Life is Good"!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11188 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:27 am »
You bet it is Joe,love this time of year, they  wood fire smoke tobacco in the barns here in this part of Tennessee  for chewing /Cigar and snuff ,you can always tell when fall is near when you start smelling the smoke from all the barns,love it,
the cool foggy morning with the smell of barn smoke in the air. :) You know hunting season is just around the corner. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11189 on: September 02, 2014, 12:06:54 pm »
I wish y'all could send us some of that fall weather. From the one picture looks like my Jeep made it up there without me :).

Oh, yea, talked to David Tiller last night and convinced him to start making plans now so he and Gail can make it to the Classic next year. I gave him the name of a motel and he is planning on being there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?