Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4690230 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12825 on: October 28, 2015, 02:43:37 am »
Pappy, glad to hear your surgery went well. And glad to hear you're at the cabin.  That place has restorative powers.

And Amen to what Blackhawk, said.

Well said! You get better for you and Mrs Joanie, pappy! I would love to see you shooting that piece of mockernut hickory I left leaning against you toolbox at the classic this year!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #12826 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:17 pm »
Pappy good to hear all went well, been praying for you and will continue to pray for you.
john 3:16

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12827 on: October 30, 2015, 10:32:32 am »
Thanks guys for your thoughts and prayers , they must have worked. Miss Joanie has taken very very good care of me but finally decided to let me spread my wings a bit. The fire is going at the cabin and I am excited to spend some times with friends, feels very good to be out. I plane on doing some tree rat hunting and maybe a little bow work. I get the stitches out Monday and some therapy but Other than that I feel good. Thanks again for your thoughts. Eddie/ DaveO/ Chris and Shane will be in tonight or in the morning and also have a couple of youth for the youth hunt this weekend so it should be a great time . See y'all with pictures in about a week. Life is Good. ;) Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12828 on: October 30, 2015, 11:24:07 am »
Don't let Eddie and Dave get you in trouble, Pappy.   Glad to hear you're recovering well. Y'all have a great weekend.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12829 on: October 30, 2015, 12:06:59 pm »
Thats good to hear pappy! Glad you are doing well, just try not to push it to much. If you get some of those tree rats make sure you shin them out good. They make great bow strings and padding for arm guards! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12830 on: November 01, 2015, 09:18:51 am »
Sure glad you are doing so well.

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #12831 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:09 am »
Hey, just tuning in here from Wyoming, not sure what happened to your arm Pappy but seems like everything went well and glad to hear it. Not been up to too much up here other than running and whatnot, showed a few people my bows and tell them tales of a Tennessee holler with a cabin and a bunch of folks who know how to get things done :)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #12832 on: November 05, 2015, 01:14:34 pm »
Glad your on the mend Pappy!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #12833 on: November 06, 2015, 10:59:07 pm »
Yikes I'm out of the loop! I'm happy to hear your on the mend Pappy!
Get well soon! Cheers

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12834 on: November 07, 2015, 08:18:48 pm »
He's mending up pretty good, he texted me Saturday about an arrow flying towards a little Buck.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12835 on: November 08, 2015, 08:46:40 pm »
Pappy;
I really want to thank you for a great week. It's kinda bitter sweet for me, going back to work and wishing I didn't have to go back. Hunting was tuff but still better then in Florida unless you hunt Private property or over Feeders.  Great seeing my old friends, getting shots, good food and all around just a good time that is just sinking in, now. That's why I keep making a Road Trip, as long as you'll have me. Thank you, Brother.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12836 on: November 09, 2015, 04:05:23 am »
Thanks for the well wishes , I am back at work today and piles of stuff to catch up on. I have healed pretty fast but it was made easier by having a bunch of good friends around to keep my mind busy. ;) It was a good time for me and I think all the FL./IN guys had a good time also. No meat but at least had the chance. ;) I will have pictures up as soon as I catch up a bit here at work. Life is good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12837 on: November 09, 2015, 08:38:35 am »
Good to here. God is good. Life too.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12838 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:42 am »
Glad to hear you are healing quickly, Pappy. Not always the case for us older guys.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12839 on: November 10, 2015, 03:56:11 am »
Thanks again, I seem to be doing fine and yes Pat you are right we don't heal as quick as we use to. ;) :) Starting to get caught up a bit here at work so thought I would share a few pictures of the last couple of weeks fun. Started the week by repairing 2 more tree stands  from cables to chain before my buddies got in. Sure didn't want them to fall. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good