Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4704799 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13230 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:02 am »
Another rainy evening for me yesterday, to wet to work on hides or tiller bows so I some finishing touches on my Rum flask, looking pretty good I think. Always good to have lot of little projects in the wings for days like we have been having, clears the mind that is for sure. ;) Looks like the rain and bitter cold is gone again for a few days so maybe I can get back to my regular stuff, but I am kind of enjoying this horn work.  ;) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13231 on: February 17, 2016, 09:05:56 am »
The King Ron tribute was perfect Pappy... I saw Ron one week a year for the last 7-8 years and it brought the tears out... A true testement to what a wonderful human being he was 😢..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13232 on: February 18, 2016, 04:42:14 am »
Yes Brian I thought it turned out good also.  :) I think he would like it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #13233 on: February 18, 2016, 09:26:01 am »
  I wish here in WV. we'd get so warmer weather. After 40 inchs of snow couple weeks ago and and another snow and ice thorm 2 days ago. I've done all the shop work (arrows,knives, trade points) inside the house.

Good thing I have a understanding old lady. But after 23 years. See's seen a lot off coffie table work. See draws the line at knaping inside. I've got to work on that one. Hope it dos'nt take anther 23 years.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13234 on: February 19, 2016, 05:20:03 am »
FRIDAY, Got lots of plans for the weekend, of course plan on some bow and hide work but also a bunch of the TwinOaks folks are heading out in the morning from the Cabin at 6pm to an archery shoot to help support a starting up local club, this is there first shoot of the year and only the second one they have put on, Not sure I will be able to make the others they have because our Spring gets pretty full with the Classic and IBO Traditional World , so want to try and make at least there first. It is always fun for us to get a bunch together and just go shoot, not having to do any of the work. ;) :)  Also another bunch is headed to the Gum Springs Baptist church in the afternoon to set up for a kids shooting event and Wild game supper, BigA heads this up ever year and we always have a great time  and meet a lot of new folks. Not sure if I will make that but plan on trying. :-\ The weather is supposed to be beautiful so should be a good weekend to be outside. Hope yall have a good one, see ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13235 on: February 22, 2016, 04:05:54 am »
Had a great weekend, got a few things done around the shop and also got to spend Saturday with friends at a archery shoot, hard to beat that. Here are some pictures of the fun. Got my rum flask all done except the finish, not sure what I am going to do that with  :-\ Maybe rubbed in bees wax finish.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13236 on: February 22, 2016, 04:09:57 am »
Still deciding on the plug for my powder horn and got my trade bow out to 38@20 looking for 50 or so @ 27 time to go back to the form for some heat work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13237 on: February 22, 2016, 04:12:30 am »
Working on another fire pit chair and stretching on one of my brained tanned hide to soften and dry, almost there. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13238 on: February 22, 2016, 04:15:43 am »
Branding the new chair. Woody showed up with some of his spoon and mallet work. Sweet Pee and Scott show to get ready to head out to the archery shoot Saturday morning.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13239 on: February 22, 2016, 04:18:10 am »
 Some of Woody's carving tools. :)The chair was solid Walnut so we decided to block the scraps out and wax seal them for later project uses. :) Waste not want not. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13240 on: February 22, 2016, 04:20:48 am »
Getting ready to show them folks how to shoot. ;) ;D ;D Really nice club, they have come a long way in 1 year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13241 on: February 22, 2016, 04:24:40 am »
We had about 10 from TwinOaks show up to support them. They had a really cool sign idea, wished I had thought of it,  ??? I may steal the idea. :) Napped heads Bill is doing for the Tennessee Classic trophies and a knife Allen is making for the raffle table, yep that will cost me a few buck for sure.  ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:39:42 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13242 on: February 22, 2016, 04:29:07 am »
GregB and Dan solving the worlds problems, no better place than around the camp fire. Sweet pee didn't shoot so well at the shoot so she came back and is getting a little coaching from Allen. Kevin brought the Kobota back after the yearly clean and service. It should be good to go for the season. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13243 on: February 22, 2016, 04:33:30 am »
New string for my trade bow, Sally still finding leg bones hid away ;) and Trade bow on the form. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13244 on: February 22, 2016, 04:36:52 am »
Nice fire Saturday night, got my hide ready to final smoke, New chair branded and in place and trade bow ready to get back at the tillering.  :) Hope yall had a good one, I know I really enjoyed it.  :)
Life ids Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good