Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693844 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13365 on: April 05, 2016, 05:26:51 am »
Monday was like Saturday in the shop, Greg on knives and Bill and Michael working on bows, great weekend for sure. Also the TN. Plaques all  ready and sealed, all they need is the TwinOaks brand and arrows mounted. :) Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13366 on: April 06, 2016, 04:16:21 am »
Had a good day at the cabin yesterday, several down working on projects and of course Dave still after them Turkeys, I got all the stone points put on the Classic Trophy arrows and a little work done on my ElmHall bow. Dave and I had a nice long talk around the fire after everyone else was gone to end a great day. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13367 on: April 06, 2016, 05:58:47 am »
Thanks for posting as always Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Otis

« Reply #13368 on: April 06, 2016, 02:50:04 pm »
Just got in. Haven't even started unpacking yet.  Just wanted to thank Pappy and everyone that showed up this weekend for such a great time.  From November till
April is a long, long, long time between visits to Twin Oaks.  Good news is will be back there in less than 3 weeks.  Will see you then Matt.  The trips I get to make
during the hunting season's are a little different than the Classic.  More time spent like Pappy mentioned just getting to relax and talk.  When at the Classic with all my other old friends and the new ones I get to meet every time, don't get to talked too much to Pappy.   Plus he has everyone that's there that wants a little bit of his time.  Got to get busy and get unpacked.  Life is definitely Good!!!

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13369 on: April 06, 2016, 05:50:15 pm »
I envied you, Dave. it's gonna be a long time till November.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13370 on: April 07, 2016, 04:44:32 am »
You are welcome Dave, it was a great time and I really enjoyed it. Nice bird to boot  ;) Eddie still hoping things might change for yall, just won't be the same with out you and Kathy there. ;) No one to have my very early morning coffee with. ;) :) NOT YOU :o Kathy. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13371 on: April 07, 2016, 06:42:46 am »
Thanks, Mark, I'm working on it. Two cold fronts a week coming through with the wind is killing me trying to run the airboat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #13372 on: April 07, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »
We missed you last weekend Eddie and then Mark told me Tuesday you weren't coming to the Classic.  I think you should take a few sick days that weekend.   Won't be the same without you and Kathy that's for sure.  Hope you can make it.  I missed 2011 and it hurts.  I'm going to try to never miss another one.
Pappy, again, thanks for putting up with me like you do. The next three weeks won't go by fast enough.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13373 on: April 08, 2016, 05:42:00 am »
No problem Dave, I may head up to our little spot in the morning for an hour or so and see what shaking.  ;) :) Got lots to do around the Cabin tomorrow for sure. I got all the points mounted and tied on yesterday for the trophies, now they just need mounting to the TN. plaques. Also got my ElmHall bow floor tillered and on the form for some tweaking. I started another Osage bow so now for the first time in a long while I have 3 going, what am I thinking  ??? Anyway it keeps me busy and out of trouble ;) :) I got a start on bow shop cleaning also and need to finish it up today and in the morning. We also plan on starting setting up the ranges tomorrow. Michael has them laid out and a target list for where he want them to go, from the list it looks like it will be a pretty cool range again. Hope yall have a good one. ;) :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #13374 on: April 08, 2016, 06:09:35 am »
Good luck.  Shoot em in the face.  Hard to believe it was a week ago and I was heading thLat way.  Goes fast when I'm there and drags waiting to go back.  Less than three weeks and I'll be back.  Have a great weekend.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13375 on: April 11, 2016, 04:23:10 am »
Great weekend, little windy and cool but still managed to get a lot done around the Cabin. Not much  done in the shop but lots done in preparation for the Classic. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Bill getting a bunch of scrapers ready for the selfbow Challenge. Me getting the last of the points mounted and ready for the Classic trophies. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13376 on: April 11, 2016, 04:26:27 am »
Some hanging out around the fire. My next Osage bow floor tillered and My Elm bow on the form for some tweaking.  :)The TwinOaks Grand slam board cleaned and  resealed in prep to hang on the side porch. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13377 on: April 11, 2016, 04:28:59 am »
Board hung in it's new spot on the porch. :) New flags put up and flying. Chuck doing some bow work and Will doing some mushroom hunting, didn't find many yet. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13378 on: April 11, 2016, 04:30:50 am »
The shop all cleaned up and looking good for now. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13379 on: April 11, 2016, 04:33:02 am »
More shop and napping pit clean up, I also found time to burn out another set of take down sleeves, [good ides Pearl] works great. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good