Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705879 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13335 on: March 23, 2016, 04:45:08 am »
Ya don't think they will use up all the fun Pat. ;) Bob you heard from Ryan, he said he may make his way back this year  ??  :-\ Worked on the tips of my trade bow yesterday and shot it a little more then decided to take a short break from it for a little while, my snakes weren't thawed enough to skin so   started another blow horn, I will have to get Bob to show me how to properly blow it when he gets there.  ;) :) I think this one will be an end blow, it's not solid to far up like some are so I should be able to get the hole drilled OK on this one. :-\ Eddie be sure and send me pictures if you and Kevin kills a big Turk, I know he is probably walking [even you] your legs off. ;) :) That boy will hunt. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13336 on: March 24, 2016, 04:29:00 am »
Got my blow horn blowing yesterday and cleaned up /repaired and old camp ax handle and also got my snake skins ready to add to my trade bow, I will say I had a good day.  ;) :) Calling for storms today, everybody stay safe. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13337 on: March 24, 2016, 08:33:29 am »
They rolled through here last night pappy. Lots of thunder and lighting. We never got a warning  but they were night storms. If they hit you in the day time watch out,  the thunderheads were huge at sunset last night.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13338 on: March 25, 2016, 04:35:09 am »
Friday, YES. The storms must have weaken  before they got to us, wasn't bad at all . I had some time in the shop yesterday evening and got a very nice set of Copperhead skins on my trade bow, man they look nice. :) Plan on trimming them today and trying to start finishing this little project up. ;) :) Also want to start hauling some mulch from the big pile I have had dumped at the top of the hill in preparation for the chance of rain at the Classic, of course we all know it ant going to rain on our party ;) :), YA RIGHT. ::) The weather is supposed to be beautiful today and Saturday, not so good Easter Sunday but no matter I will be busy with inside stuff by then. ;) Hope yall have a blessed Easter and remember what it is about. See ya Monday.
 Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #13339 on: March 25, 2016, 04:42:29 am »
Have a good one Pappy. Us early risers deserve what we get today. ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13340 on: March 28, 2016, 04:11:47 am »
Great weekend, no bad storms and weather was beautiful , a very nice Easter weekend for sure. Got a lot done around the shop and some preps made for the Classic. Here are some pictures of the fun. Another blow horn in the works and Sally just hanging out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13341 on: March 28, 2016, 04:14:23 am »
Got the skins on my trade bow, turned out nice. Ryan[Jon's] son with his 1st place trophy from last weeks shoot, he is shooting very good right now. :) Way better than his Dad. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13342 on: March 28, 2016, 04:16:17 am »
Had several kids down so we set up the Basket ball goal. Bill and Linda doing some bow work and me doing some finish work on the skins. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:47:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13343 on: March 28, 2016, 04:19:44 am »
Trade bow. The boys splitting some wood, can't start them to young with good hard work. ;) Some points a guy gifted me last week he brought back from Africa, very cool. :) I plan on mounting them in a display. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:48:50 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13344 on: March 28, 2016, 04:23:12 am »
The points mounted in River Cain. Bill with a Flag one of our Blackhawk pilots gave me to display at the club. Like I have said many times, we love our Soldiers and when they Honor us with stuff like this it means a lot.  :) :) I made a hemp lanyard for my blow horn and it all finished up except the sealer. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:37:35 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13345 on: March 28, 2016, 04:28:30 am »
I gave Geoffrey a Horn so him making himself a blow horn and also doing some lathe work making some leather working tools. We also had some guest down for a visit.  :) Me shooting my trade bow, shoots nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13346 on: March 28, 2016, 04:34:23 am »
More shooting and Michael/Dan and myself taking care of some club business. ??? We are making the order for 70 new targets is preparation for the IBO Traditional world we will he hosting in mid July. always have to throw in a little work like that to keep things going around there, ant all fun and games :-\ . Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :) :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13347 on: March 28, 2016, 11:34:51 pm »
Looks like another awesome weekend pappy! The bow looks great to!
You can tell it's spring time at Twin Oaks,  the weedeater must have gotten away from you there pappy. Dot worry,  the whiskers will grow back soon.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13348 on: March 29, 2016, 03:38:16 am »
I was wondering who "The New Guy" was  >:D O:) :laugh: :laugh:! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13349 on: March 29, 2016, 06:00:31 am »
Ya done a little Spring Cleaning. ;) :) Got the first coat of Tru Oil on the skins yesterday, it really brought out the color, hope to get the writing on it today and start sealing it all up. Just want to be sure that the person it is going to name is spelled right, that would be bad to spell his name wrong. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good