Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4699702 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16620 on: May 09, 2019, 02:23:45 pm »
Winding down now, :( the awards, if anyone is interested the scores and winners are posted on our web site[twinoaksbowhunters.org.]
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16621 on: May 09, 2019, 02:24:59 pm »
I USE THE EXACT SAME FORGE! sorry got excited! I don't know why!   (A) ;D
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16622 on: May 09, 2019, 02:25:37 pm »
Good friends and of course Miss Joanie, don't know how we could pull this off with out her. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16623 on: May 09, 2019, 02:30:13 pm »
Ya Deerhunter21 it works nice, This one is maybe a little small but works great. More good friends getting ready to leave and of course my map. Folks from all over this great country of ours and beyond. Hope all enjoyed and see ya 1st weekend of May 2020 Good Lord willing. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16624 on: May 10, 2019, 01:30:17 am »
Thanks for posting the pics Pappy ! Sure did miss being there to see You and all the GREAT Twin Oaks People  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16625 on: May 10, 2019, 04:25:46 am »
Missed you to Bob, maybe see ya next year at the Classic or somewhere else down the road, hope so. ;)Friday and headed to the cabin in a bit, got most everything back in place this week so hope to do some shop work and just relax this weekend, supposed to rain on and off all weekend so should be a prefect time to do nothing. ;) I have a couple more pictures I think you will like. We had a bunch of kids at the event this year which makes the heart proud, that's our future. I also had a great time showing Margaret Ann around, I love shopping with her, every where we went someone wanted to give her something. ??? ;) :) Many Thanks. Hope yall have a good weekend. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #16626 on: May 10, 2019, 04:44:20 am »
Best picture you posted Pappy was the last one! looks like you guys had a good time I'll make it back there one day

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16627 on: May 10, 2019, 09:18:25 am »
Thanks for sharing the pictures Pappy. I should have come this year. Didn't get any farming done anyway. Need to stick a pin in the thumb of Michigan one of these years. Right on the sunrise side.

I agree with Paul. Definitely saved the best picture for last. You make a darn good looking Grandpa.
Bless You All
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16628 on: May 13, 2019, 03:40:28 am »
Thanks guys, she really enjoyed it and I enjoyed showing her around. I had a great weekend, we did do a little work around, got the PA tent down and tables put away, all we like now is the big tent and things should be back to normal. I spent most of the weekend shooting and working on bows. Glad to be back at it. Had several down which was a surprise after the long weekend we just got through. ??? Everyone ready to work on bows and shoot. I got one I have been working on for a while finished tillering and shot in and ready to seal also another one floor tillered and ready to long string so made some headway. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Finely shooting,This one for some reason had some really funny twists and turns and had to tweak 5 or 6 time to get it where I wanted it, good lesson for some of the guys, I told them patients is all it usually takes but you just have to stay at it.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16629 on: May 13, 2019, 03:41:55 am »
Now finding the right arrow for it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16630 on: May 13, 2019, 03:47:21 am »
While cutting antler for over lays I had this skull center left, couldn't let it go to waste.  ;) Got Brandon's shooting and it turned out nice. We started it last year from a green stave we got from Clint, very nice wood but was green so we roughed it in and worked on it a little at a time, now a year and few months old it was ready. He is tickled with how it shoots and it is ready for finish. Bill showd up working on a stave and Chuck working on a bend in the handle bow and keeping watch on the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16631 on: May 13, 2019, 03:51:09 am »
Chuck getting his ready for the form and Brandon with his first shot, tiller looks a little stiff in the upper third but the stave had a lot of reflex and after tillering it is still holding over 2 inches as soon as it is un braced so not sure if it needs anything except shooting. Sally still recovering for the Classic. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16632 on: May 13, 2019, 03:55:10 am »
2nd one on the tiller stick and first one ready to finish. Great weekend for sure, then home to celebrate Mother's day. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16633 on: May 13, 2019, 05:56:07 am »
That one was a challenge too!

Brandons bow sure shoots well with his Bill string. Nice bow.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16634 on: May 14, 2019, 12:41:13 am »
Thanks Pappy - That piece of Skull is cool  )P( ! Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.