Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705582 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18750 on: March 21, 2022, 08:40:45 am »
Then with the kids Sunday, they like to get on them after the shoot them, Margaret Ann always tells them she is sorry for shooting them  :) :) Not sure how she is going to be with a real animal when she gets a little older  :-\ but she dose like to eat them so I think she will be fine. ??? Hope yall had a good one also. Life is good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18751 on: March 21, 2022, 10:21:20 am »
Looks like a fun weekend Pappy and good to see Bear out and about. Sorry about that snake bow. It looked very interesting but that's the breaks with those bows.
 Sunday with the grand kids must be special for you. Looks like they enjoyed themselves.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18752 on: March 21, 2022, 01:39:59 pm »
They sure are growing Pappy.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18753 on: March 21, 2022, 01:41:13 pm »
Pappy,
Very cool awards you made up. Lots of work there! Also, Nice way to show appreciation to the member who works on your practice range. Good that you put the sign up while the member can see it and know his work is appreciated. I've been around clubs for many years and sadly many hard working members never get acknowledged. Nobody does the work for the "pat on the back" but folks like to know that somebody noticed their hard work. Easiest thing in the world to do is to say thank you but sadly many never do it. Lastly the pictures of your Grandkids are great. I remember when my Grandson was little and we would shoot the 3ds at Hawkeye. Sure was fun back then. You Guys have got it right with what you have down there. Thanks as always for posting your pictures. It is the highlight of my Mondays.
take care,
brian

Offline BearG

« Reply #18754 on: March 21, 2022, 07:20:35 pm »
Pappy thanks to you and the rest of the guys for a great weekend.  Can't wait until the Classic.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18755 on: March 22, 2022, 03:51:18 am »
Glad to see You out and about Bear. Thanks as always Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18756 on: March 22, 2022, 08:05:33 am »
You are welcome Bear,Thanks for the kind words guys, yes it was a fun weekend and shooting with the grand kids is always special. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18757 on: March 27, 2022, 05:38:16 pm »
Great weekend, had a lot going on and stayed really busy but that's how i like it. :) :) Done a little bow work Thursday on one of my Osage bows got it out to about 45@20 so far,this stave has lots of dips and dives and a couple of knots at the the fads on both limbs.  also started getting the scrappers ready for the Classic self bow challenge.I like to start out with about 30. :) lots of guys come and don't have any tools so we like to provide when we can. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18758 on: March 27, 2022, 05:43:26 pm »
More supplies ready and got 7 of the 15 Hickory staves on the form ,straightened and some reflex added , ready for someone  to start tillering. :)These are for the Classic also. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:14:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18759 on: March 27, 2022, 05:48:15 pm »
Our buddy showed up with the stump grinder and got the big stumps form the trees we cut out of the drive, turned out great. We also are going to close in the East end of the bow shop, it will help a lot at the Classic and anytime it rains or wind blows, been wanting to do this for a while and finely got all the supplies together, we are also replacing all the lights with LED's ,cheaper to operate and much better light for these old eyes. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:15:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18760 on: March 27, 2022, 05:52:59 pm »
Got the wall done, now all its needs is some decorations, I think I can handle that. :) Dave O showed up Friday evening with his grandson Conner for the youth Turkey hunt. :) Didn't take long 6:40 Saturday morning he scored, this was his first Turkey, 12 years old and a fine young man for sure. I really enjoyed his company over the weekend.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18761 on: March 27, 2022, 05:58:05 pm »
Nice Turkey, 22 lbs  8 1/2 inch beard and 7/8 spurs. Then the Buck Hollow boys showed up for our annual Pappy cup shoot, we all split up in groups and take the top 5 scores from each club and have a winner, lots of fun and friendly competition . We lost again this year by 47 points, them boys can shoot.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:17:06 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18762 on: March 27, 2022, 06:02:26 pm »
We draw groups and have it split with some from each club in each group, had about 15 form each club show up. Mike Scott and I was the only 2 in our group shooting real bows  ;) :) :) :) :) We didn't beat the glass boys but we held our own and had them worried for a while. :) It was a great time and got to shoot with guys I have knows for years but never had the chance to shoot with them.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18763 on: March 27, 2022, 06:04:35 pm »
After the shoot we had a big cook out for all that attended. Again a great time. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18764 on: March 27, 2022, 06:07:20 pm »
Then the awards, top five scores from Buck Hollow. Mike Scott knows how I like old tools and brought me an old corn sheller and grinder, these will go in my shop somewhere, Thanks Mike, much appreciated. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good