Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694033 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #18765 on: March 27, 2022, 06:13:20 pm »
Saturday evening we spent relaxing and watching Will do some napping. We cooked up a big supper of Deer back strap and venison brats, another great meal and time around the fire. Sunday morning Dave and Conner went back out and saw 2 long beards and 10 jakes and Conner got a shot but missed , guess Like Miss Joanie says, it just wasn't that Turkey's day to dye. ;) :) :) That's why they call it hunting. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #18766 on: March 27, 2022, 08:17:16 pm »
Want to thank you again Pappy for letting me bring Connor down to hunt.  He had a blast and really enjoyed his weekend.  He took the miss better than I did. :(  I really wanted him to kill that bird.  I enjoyed myself this weekend too.  Great friends and good food, what else does a man need?  Can't wait to get back down there.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18767 on: March 27, 2022, 11:06:32 pm »
Hey David, you are way too young to have a grand kid that age.  (A) 
Congrats to Connor on his first turkey. Couldn't have had a better coach.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18768 on: March 28, 2022, 03:38:07 am »
Great times ! Good job on the Turkey Young Man  :G. Thanks as always Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Otis

« Reply #18769 on: March 28, 2022, 09:10:55 am »
Thanks Pat.  I have a granddaughter a year older the Connor.  Am blessed with 5 total grandkids.  Looking forward to seeing you at Twin Oaks this year.  Been a while.  I tell people I'm not a great turkey caller, I just need to find a dumb one.  We found one Saturday morning.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18770 on: March 28, 2022, 09:59:21 am »
Success is proven by results, Dave.  :OK
 Looking forward to seeing you again also. It has been too long.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18771 on: March 28, 2022, 05:06:46 pm »
Real happy for Mustardhead, Dave. And, yea, you can call pretty good. ;D ;) :G
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #18772 on: March 28, 2022, 06:34:17 pm »
Thanks Eddie.  Good luck on your SC season.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18773 on: March 31, 2022, 08:21:17 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning and if we have no damage from the storm last night several of us are headed to the KY. Trad fest in the morning early for the day. I got a few things I need to get done but shooting is fun and need some time away. ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one and everyone one made it through the storms OK. Life is good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18774 on: April 03, 2022, 04:03:41 pm »
Great weekend, got a few things done around the place to get ready for the Classic and another project or 2 done, also Friday morning EARLY 4am 6 of us we went north 3 1/2 hours to the KY.Trad fest, shot the course, hung out, visited some old friends for a few hours and then 3 1/2 back, long day for sure but a good time with good friends. Had several down Saturday working on projects and just hanging out. Got gravel spread in the work shop, it really needed that, it hasn't had any new gravel in probably 10 years, looks very good and in case of heavy rain it will really help. Also got the new wall decorated and finished and my old grinder mounted is an appropriate place.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18775 on: April 03, 2022, 04:06:55 pm »
Had a good friend bring a couple of deer heads and wanted me to euro mount them so I spent most of the day Thursday and Saturday fooling around with them, lots of waiting time with them so had time to do other small jobs.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18776 on: April 03, 2022, 04:08:55 pm »
Got the heads cleaned and boiled and now just letting them dry out. Jon has been busy making knives as has Will with his napping.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:27:21 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18777 on: April 03, 2022, 04:13:26 pm »
Got 15 Hickory bow blanks ready for the Classic and a new sign for our kitchen to honor the guy who really headed up the rebuild. A token from the KY. Trad fest, I collect these buttons from where ever I go  if they have them. ;) Mark brought a new blade down for me to heat treat and temper, nice big blade and he done a nice job on shaping it. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:28:59 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18778 on: April 03, 2022, 04:16:24 pm »
Euro mounts finished and mounted on some old barn wood from and old smoke house on my place. We got some new hats this year and sister really like them, I also think they are pretty cool although I don't wear them kind of hats, ??? but lots of people do. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18779 on: April 03, 2022, 04:19:29 pm »
Jon/Will/Big A and Allen just hanging out by the fire while I got the blade heat treated for Mark, the blade turned out really nice and can't wait to see it all finished up. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:30:05 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good