Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708556 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19905 on: February 18, 2024, 07:14:49 pm »
Had several show up to hang out and set by the fire, of course we had to check out the brats to make sure they were eatable.  ;) :) I got my hide smoked and brained 3 more times and now just pull and stretch till it's dry. Looking pretty good right now. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 07:23:56 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19906 on: February 18, 2024, 07:16:27 pm »
Then 3 or 4 of us decided to go shoot the practice range, lots of fun and I didn't shoot to bad. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19907 on: February 18, 2024, 07:18:49 pm »
We have 4 balls on the range behind some targets 10 or 15 yards, I won the day hitting 3 of 4, don't do that often. Then got back to working on my hide, I think 1 more dry day and it will be ready to smoke.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 07:25:27 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19908 on: February 18, 2024, 07:21:25 pm »
Then another peaceful night by the fire, I love my buddies but something to be said for time alone just setting /thinking and looking at the fire. Hope yall had a good one also, Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19909 on: February 19, 2024, 12:44:08 pm »
Looks like a good weekend Pappy

I know what you mean about alone time. I actually get a lot of it and I really do like it. Me and myself get along pretty good. I get along pretty good with everyone else too so it’s not like I’m a hermit or anything, but do like my alone time.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19910 on: February 20, 2024, 09:46:50 am »
Me also BJ, I guess that's why I love doing what I do, lets my mind just think on the project at hand, forgetting about, at least for a while all the crap going on around you and the world, very peaceful feeling for me.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19911 on: February 22, 2024, 09:22:09 am »
Heading down a little early this week, got to smoke a hid today and a few other projects and then Saturday morning going to Buck Hollow for the Spring fling, should be a fun shoot and get to see some old friends. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19912 on: February 22, 2024, 01:59:25 pm »
I spent some time this morning laying out the route from the Black Hills to that little holler down Tennessee way. Now way around it, there is gonna be a minimum of 18 hours of windshield time. I have a tentative co-conspirator in Minnesota that may jump on the wagon at the six hour mark into the drive. So I am figgering we'll tag-team the steering wheel and do the whole thing in one push.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19913 on: February 25, 2024, 08:04:38 pm »
Ya long drive for sure JW, we do 22/23 hours straight through every year going to the flat tops close to Meeker, just me and Beau, it's tiring for sure but always in a hurry and excited to get there so don't seem that bad  :) Had a great weekend, spent Thursday and Friday working on hides and feathers for the Classic trophies, then Saturday early went to the Buck Hollow shoot and spent most of the day, great time and good shoot, they had a big crowd and a fun course to shoot, I forgot my camera so no pictures, sure wished I had it, last target was a steel crow with a kill about the size of a large egg at 15/18 yards, I centered punched it, best shot of the day !! We have a new guy in the club,Bob, he is really wanting to learn some primitive skill so I am trying to help him along best I can, This is his first hide and he done really well, got it into raw hide so far, only cut a couple of small holes in the thin part of the hind quarters but that's part of the learning. over all great job :) My feathers laid out and ready to split, need 120. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19914 on: February 25, 2024, 08:08:02 pm »
Shawn showed up working on chasing a ring on an Osage stave and also a limb bow that he left the sap wood on, looking very good as of now. Got my big hide on the smoke for the final smoking. I had to gather some more punk wood but that's not hard to find around the farm.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19915 on: February 25, 2024, 08:10:05 pm »
Hide smoked and trimmed, I will call it finished and turned out very nice. More feather work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19916 on: February 25, 2024, 08:17:00 pm »
Almost done with the feather splitting and shafts, now just need to grind the quills. Bob wanted to make some Cain arrows, so I told him best to start with one till you kind of get it figured out,I coached him on straightening and helped put in a dowel insert and he seems to be a quick learner, this is his first and it flies great, now he is on to 11 more. :) :) love having new guys that really want to learn.  :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19917 on: February 25, 2024, 08:23:49 pm »
John and Joe went to the shoot with me and after a long day we spent some time just resting by the fire on our return, John has knee trouble and Joe has back trouble so the rest was very much needed after climbing all those hills at Buck Hollow, it's worse than TwinOaks   ??? ;) :) The girls was glad to see us home for sure. :) Miss Joanie picked up our new hats for the Classic, I think they look good. Hope everyone likes them. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19918 on: February 26, 2024, 05:23:03 am »
Great Weekend Pappy. Have always wanted to try the Buck Hollow shoot. Well, Maybe in the next Life  (lol) . Thanks for sharing  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19919 on: February 26, 2024, 09:28:34 am »
Ya Bob it was a fun shoot, I don't do as many as I use to but have 2 or 3 a year I don't want to miss, them boys support us so much I hate not to try and make at least some of their's. Elm Hall is another can't miss unless I am dead event for me.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good