Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708743 times)

Offline wooddamon1

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19920 on: February 26, 2024, 03:07:54 pm »
Favorite thread on the webs to follow along to, Pappy. Thanks for taking the time to share. Them hides look great, I'd love to learn how to do one with the hair on just to have hanging around the cabin. Great job passing on these skills to people who want to learn.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19921 on: February 27, 2024, 09:34:18 am »
You are welcome, I love having people around that want to learn , and who knows every once in a while you get one that sticks with it, sad but it seems just like with self bows most are 1 and done, But every now and then !!!  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #19922 on: February 27, 2024, 10:42:54 am »
Just got vacation approved,  going to be down the whole week before the Classic. 
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19923 on: February 27, 2024, 12:34:54 pm »
Will be great to see you at the Classic again this year, Bear.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19924 on: February 28, 2024, 09:32:34 am »
Great news Bear, don't do the social media thing so haven't heard from you in over a year, ??? ask and think about you often and was hoping you was doing well. Last I heard you was doing the biking thing, :) Look forward to seeing you as always. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #19925 on: February 28, 2024, 10:34:18 am »
Yea been doing that, couldn't get time off last year due to being short staffed.  Then life things getting in the way of living.  I always think of y'all.   Don't know why I don't just come down for the weekend on a regular basis. Would do me good.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19926 on: March 01, 2024, 09:10:31 am »
Headed to the cabin, looks like the weather is warming and the rain is getting out of here so should be a good weekend, got a working tomorrow to cut fire wood and open up some more camp ground, should be a fun day with the guys. About caught up in the shop except for final smoke on a big hide, plan on doing that today, :-\ then is is time to focus on getting ready for the Classic, lots to do , so guess I just well get started. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19927 on: March 03, 2024, 07:40:44 pm »
Great weekend, really rainy Friday but cleared off nice for our working Saturday. Got a few things done in the shop but mostly cleaning camp grounds and cutting fire wood for the Classic and the year around the camp fire. ;) Got tired of grinding feathers so I worked on the arrows for the trophies for the Classic, cut to length/self nock's/stained with home made walnut stain and tapered the tips on the ones that will take glue on points. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19928 on: March 03, 2024, 07:45:30 pm »
 Got to mount 14 napped heads for the 1st place Classic Trophies.  :)Tried to get my big hide dry and ready to smoke but it just wasn't going to happen Friday with the weather, so I just kept it hanging around pulling on it now and then, also mixed up some more brains for Shawn, he wants to do another hide. One of my buddies brought me my trophy from Buck Hollow, that don't happen much anymore so I appreciated this one. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19929 on: March 03, 2024, 07:48:55 pm »
Brats for lunch ,  ;) :) then the wood cutting started, we cut 4 big trailer loads and got the wood pile in good shape, just about all the wood is split read oak, lots better than we usually cut.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19930 on: March 03, 2024, 07:51:00 pm »
lots of good wood, even made my girls tired just watching us, ;) :) Back strap for lunch Saturday, man was that tasty and hit the spot.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19931 on: March 03, 2024, 07:53:45 pm »
Got probably 10 or 12 tent camp sites cleaned up, should help get everyone in, lots of brush to burn but will have to dry a bit before we can do that, hope I don't burn the farm down. ??? :-\ :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19932 on: March 03, 2024, 07:56:05 pm »
Then to top off the day Saturday me and a few buddies went out and shot the practice range, as usually , it was a lot of fun, pretty good shooting but a lot of laughs and ribbing going on   :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 08:05:01 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19933 on: March 03, 2024, 07:58:54 pm »
The day turned out pretty Saturday so when I got back from shooting I finely got the big hide dry and soft, still need to smoke it but will have to that this week I hope. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19934 on: March 04, 2024, 05:02:57 am »
Congrats on the Trophy Pappy! Wood pile looks ready. Matt and I were talking Saturday while We were fishin', that We both wished We were coming to the Classic! Hopefully next Year !  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.