Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694591 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2835 on: March 13, 2009, 04:16:14 pm »
Splices look great Greg. Looks like a great time had by all.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline BearG

« Reply #2836 on: March 13, 2009, 04:27:13 pm »
Got it Pat thanks
BearG
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2837 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:20 am »
Had a great weekend,got the range set for this weekends shoot,also got my Snake bow finished tiller,not prefect but it has a lot of character,snaky and dips and dives in the back I couldn't flatten out.We also when and shot a tournament in Ashland city,Of course Grant won. ;) ;D
 We ate like kings again.Woody brought some more trout,I love it since he took up fishing. ;)
I also got to see a movie I have been wanting to see since I was 6/7 years old,the TV went out back then and I haven't been able to find it.Grant came up with it and it was as good as I always thought it would be. All in all a fine time for all.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:05:02 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2838 on: March 16, 2009, 06:21:11 am »
That was some of our new targets. Supper Friday night,deer casserole,then my movie,it was great and getting some splices read on an 20 year old piece of Osage.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:05:43 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2839 on: March 16, 2009, 06:41:00 am »
Little wet,the kids had a great time,GregB laying out a bow,we got a good belly split off of one for BigA, and Greg caught me with a widow in my hand and he couldn't resist. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2840 on: March 16, 2009, 06:49:51 am »
Shooting in my new snake bow,Made this for Gary Davis,he has given me so much I decided to give a little back.It is 51@28 and I can't shoot it in, My Draw is to short. ;) ;D so i have to get GregB and Grant to shoot it for me. Also supper Sat. night ,man that trout was good.Hope yall had a good one.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:07:21 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Timo

« Reply #2841 on: March 16, 2009, 07:52:14 am »
You guys have way to much fun down there! ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2842 on: March 16, 2009, 08:13:55 am »
You guys have way to much fun down there!
I must agree... ;)

We really enjoyed Woody's trout and shell-crackers! I got my cane splined so I can get started on the fletching. I've also been making up some bow strings for the Classic.

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2843 on: March 16, 2009, 08:23:31 am »
Yes we do Tim,I personally feel really lucky and hope to keep it up for at least another 30/40 years.We were talking about it just this weekend,the kids you see now will be grown and gone in a few years :( ,like so many that have come before them,they usually show back up when the get through with school and girls or boys. It is really great to think back on all the kids that have come through that place and I can't think of one that didn't turn out pretty darn good ,so along with having fun for us we are trying to pass it on and I think have done a pretty good job so far,just need to keep it up. :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Timo

« Reply #2844 on: March 16, 2009, 08:39:24 am »
Good on ya, Pappy and gang! O:)

Didn't figure I'd ever have to recall what all I learned in general shop class as a young man.....I use most all of that knowledge everyday now.

What those kids pick up here and there will help mold them into tomorrows society.

(be minful when you are picking your nose) :)

Ranger B

« Reply #2845 on: March 16, 2009, 11:21:47 am »
Well, life just isn't as good here as there, but I love seeing your pictures.  Though you might like seeing one from here.  This morning.

Ranger B

« Reply #2846 on: March 16, 2009, 11:25:52 am »
One more

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2847 on: March 16, 2009, 12:10:39 pm »
Great to hear from you Jimmy,Can't wait for you return home,think about you and Jesse  everyday. Jesse should be home this week, :) we will keep you in our thoughts and payres
till your return.Great pictures,be careful. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
« Reply #2848 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:50 pm »
Wow am i jealous. You guys make it very clear how friendly (i don't know if that's a strong enough word) and hospitable you all are just from pictures and posts. With any luck ill be able to get the fam down there for the classic in 2010. Keep up the good work, and the posts.  ;D

Dustin D.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2849 on: March 16, 2009, 09:46:53 pm »
I sure miss the Fresh Trout....ain't no Trout here...between the Water being so Hot and Salty....Trout won't live in it....Hey Pappy....I like Da Moose!! Down here at a Shoot in Alanreed...We were walking the Course shooting....and We came around a corner...and out in a Thicket of Sand Plums....here stood a 10 foot Tall T-Rex.....I about laughed myself sick seeing this!! Now where is the 10 ring on a T Rex????
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome