Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706816 times)

Offline Timo

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2850 on: March 16, 2009, 10:25:54 pm »
Eldestructo,You live near Alenreed? Got family down that way. Wifes Aunt and Husband use to manage the Johnson Ranch to the north of there. Keith Calhoun?

Been down there a time or two.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2851 on: March 16, 2009, 10:31:57 pm »
Bout 65 miles away from Alanreed...I always go there for the 3-D Shoot....those Guys are all Stickbow Shooters and real  nice Country Folk too....just one thing about Alanreed....Teeth are Optional.......... >:D

The Johnson Ranch...man...would that be cool to be able to Hunt on one of the Biggest and most Beautiful Ranches in the Sate of Texas..... Are they still in good with the Johnsons........ >:D   I know a lot of Calhoun's....some from Pampa....Whitedeer...and Wellington...not sure about Keith though
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #2852 on: March 16, 2009, 10:48:31 pm »
I think Keith is from Pampa.

I turk hunted there one spring.kinda different than hunting the ozark hills.:)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2853 on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:03 pm »
Yeah....this High Plains Desert Hunting is a different Game all together....the Game has the Advantage...they can see forever!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2854 on: March 17, 2009, 05:36:04 am »
Ya El the shoot we went to Sat. had a T REX I ask the same thing,they also had a large frog , baboon and cobra . I like the moose/elk and caribou better.  :) I don't always hit them ,but I know where I am supposed to.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2855 on: March 17, 2009, 07:31:19 am »
Well guys i am on my way, cant say when i'll be there or were i am. but i am not in Afghanistan no more.
Dang Jimmy looks like the place i just left :D ,  i was in Khost btw.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2856 on: March 17, 2009, 07:50:08 am »
That's great Jesse! I'm glad you're on your way home...hope yall will have some leave time to chill out for a while. Will be good to have you with us around the camp fire again... :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2857 on: March 17, 2009, 07:50:59 am »
Be watching for you.I will be at the cabin Wend. evening and all night ,Shanon is coming down so I plan on staying.Let me know .I will get your car out of the shed this evening so it will be waiting on you in case you get there before I do.Call me when you get in Clarksville.615 456-5961 OR HOME 931-362-3717.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2858 on: March 17, 2009, 08:43:35 am »
sure thing, i'll call ya when i hit state side.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2859 on: March 17, 2009, 10:11:01 am »
Bon Voyage, Jesse!!! 8)  See ya at the Classic!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2860 on: March 17, 2009, 04:24:10 pm »
Safe and quiet trip home, Jesse! Looking forward to our sitting around the campfire. Breath deep my friend, no more worries and there are good friends waiting to see you.

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2861 on: March 18, 2009, 06:30:05 am »
I'll have the fire going for him this evening,Shanon is coming down also so we should have
a good bull session around the fire tonight. :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2862 on: March 18, 2009, 08:11:07 am »
I may have to come down for a while and greet our friends myself! Conversation around the campfire sounds good to me!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2863 on: March 18, 2009, 11:07:56 pm »
Wish, I was sitting around the fire tonight with you guys, that's one of my favorite things about " down at the cabin", guess I have to wait till the Classic. Pappy, you're gonna have to practice staying up late come time for the Classic, it's usually your bed time right after supper, had to get that jab in. Pappy, is Beau gonna make the Classic, it would be great to see him. Also I could use about a dozen cane shafts, you know, being as your straightin them anyway, what's a dozen more.
              See you soon, Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2864 on: March 19, 2009, 08:03:54 am »
You got plenty of time Dan,as slow as you are about finishing that bow. ;) ;D ;D I had a good day yesterday waithing on Shanon at the cabin.He spent the night and is flying out this morning.I just talked to him and he is at the air port right now headed down to see Mullet and meet some of the Florida Turkeys. I got the bow GregB spliced Sat. floor tillered and on the form to straighten some kinks out,I also got tips glued on the Snake bow I have been working on.I ground about 50 Turkey feathers that I plan on using on The trophies at the classic and nocks finished on the Cain arrow that will be on the trophies. It just seemed like one of them day that all went good and I jumped from one thing to the next,I like them kind of days when it seem you get something accomplished. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good