Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705329 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3285 on: June 23, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »
Also this weekend I had and old buddy of mine and the club come down.He has gotten really
big into flyfishing,We call him woody,[Long story on that]  ;) ;D anyway I took him down to the far end of my farm and he wet a line,didn't do much good but I had forgotten how pretty it was down there.I may have to go back more often now. :) Just look at the monster he caught. ;) :) His fly was bigger. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3286 on: June 23, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »
Bet Woody was proud of that one.   And what part of your farm isn't pretty in its own way.
Greg great bow for a great girl.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3287 on: June 23, 2009, 05:10:42 pm »
Wish i was there right now wading that creek -- it's hoooott ;D. Looks like Jesse's trimmin up a little..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3288 on: June 24, 2009, 03:24:05 am »

Looks like he caught a river Dace.  My buddy and I were just learning to fly fish years ago, and he kept asking me what he was doing wrong, and to watch his cast.  Well I noticed that his fly was a tad bigger than it was originally, and I told him to reel in his line, and I walked over, and there was one of those little guys, that had latched onto his fly.  The guy at the fly shop said it was River Dace.  He said they don't get much bigger than that.  Well I don't think it would have gotten much bigger than that if it could, my Buddy had been flailing it all over the place, trying to figure out why, his cast wasn't right...... ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3289 on: June 24, 2009, 11:12:07 pm »
 It's got a stripe like a largemouth hatchling.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3290 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »

That could be too...... ;)

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3291 on: June 26, 2009, 05:15:49 am »
Got a big weekend planed,I almost finished mowing at the cabin yesterday and plan on finishing that up this evening.I needed to get that done so I could have some fun Friday night and Sat.We are planing on getting the 12 staves ready for the boy Scouts coming the last of July and hope to get time to floor tiller and straighten my snake bow,also want to get my take down I have been working on at least laid out ,limbs trimmed[shorting it] and on the form.The tiller should be close sense the
limbs came from 2 shooting bows.Lots to do and just maybe I will get most of it done.  ;) :)Hope yall have a good on also.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3292 on: June 26, 2009, 09:35:29 am »
20 DAYS LEFT!!!
Can't wait to get back down to Pappy's.  Dawn is also lookin forward to it, she love it down there and you guyes make us fell so welcome.  Gotta love the south. ;D ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3293 on: June 26, 2009, 07:54:21 pm »
pappy you need to write a book i would read it.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #3294 on: June 26, 2009, 08:41:30 pm »
How far are you from Cleveland Tn?
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3295 on: June 29, 2009, 05:29:42 am »
Not sure Bone pile where Cleavland is,we are 30 miles NW of Nashville,off I24. :) Man we had a great weekend,first time in a while I have got everything done I had planed on.Got all the mowing done and all of the mineral lick on the east side of the road done Friday evening.Then Sat. morning got
most of the bushhoging done on the east side also.I was on the tractor at 5am and worked till 8.Then meet GregB and BigA at the cabin.We went to our stash and brought up some Hickory logs
to get ready for the Scouts in 3 weeks.We got 15 worked out and in the hot box.Now we need to lay them out. :) I got my take down trimmed down and the handle fitted and ready to brace.I also got my snake bow floor tillered and put on the form for reflex and line up the handle.GregB got his snake bow shooting.We also got Doug's [Fried pie] finished tillered and shooting.KeithV got his IW tillered and shooting and a good friend of ours Doug Peters got his Grand son's tillered and shooting.
Had some deer backstrap Friday night and deer brats Sat.so I ate good .Sunday morning I finished up on the Mineral licks on the west side of the road and then went home and relaxed Sunday evening.Hope yall had a good one also. Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3296 on: June 29, 2009, 05:35:02 am »
My take down,ready to brace.Also laying out the snake bow.Someone left me this tool for laying out the center line on bows.It really work great.You just set it down on the limb,rotate it where the pegs touch both sides and slide it down the limb.Thanks for ever who left it. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3297 on: June 29, 2009, 05:39:27 am »
GregB just taking a little break.Jesse show up and finely let us meet his new girl,very nice Jesse. ;) :)
Scott and sweet pea just hanging out and Jesse reassuring Sadie that he still love her also. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3298 on: June 29, 2009, 05:44:03 am »
Fried pie working on his bow and first brace,man he was proud,Doug Peters working on his Grand son's little Osage bow,turned out nice and some of the Hickory for the Scouts.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3299 on: June 29, 2009, 05:49:11 am »
More Hickory,GregB doing some of his world famous handle work. ;) ;D Checking out Doug's bow getting ready for it's first shot.Turned out very nice  and it was his first. Me working on my snake bow getting it floor tillered.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good