Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693909 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3300 on: June 29, 2009, 05:53:24 am »
Fried pis's first shot,Greg's snake bow and grip,Dog shooting his Grand sons bow. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3301 on: June 29, 2009, 05:59:34 am »
My take down on the tiller stick,GregB;s first shot with the snake bow,shoots nice and hard.Keith tillering on his IW.Looking good also. Me getting my snake bow on the form. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3302 on: June 29, 2009, 06:02:59 am »
Keith's first shot,My snake bow off the form.Both bows ready for the tiller tree. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3303 on: June 29, 2009, 06:09:16 am »
Deer brats and fried squash for supper,then the last mineral lick Sunday morning,I have 12 of these out over the farm and they are tearing them all up.They really wear them out this time of year,guess I need a trail cam. to see what is using them,but really I like to be surprised when the season gets here,not much of a horn hunter anyway.  :)Great weekend,can't wait till the next one.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3304 on: June 29, 2009, 08:36:43 am »
Sure was a lot of good bow making taking place last weekend...reminded me of the Classic. Also got a good start on the hickory staves for the boyscouts, got the hard part out of the way...the rest is easy. :) I was glad to get my snake bow shooting and looks like Pappy and BigA are off to a good start as well. Sharing the making of these three bows out of the same log with two of my best friends is pretty special! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #3305 on: June 29, 2009, 02:15:11 pm »
18 more days and I'll get to live the Life is Good dream for a couple of days!
Can't hardly wait.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3306 on: June 29, 2009, 11:59:26 pm »
Pappy, I left that centering tool with you and a similar Gizmo(Eric' Gizmo). If you find a Nicholson #49 with the same initials on it I'll pick that up next year. ;D
 Greg, That look like a fun project. I'm sure it will be a beautiful snake bow when you're done with it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3307 on: June 30, 2009, 02:07:17 am »
That is one Snakey bow Pappy! Looks like it could jump off the ground and bite ya!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3308 on: June 30, 2009, 05:19:13 am »
Thanks Pat,I thought it was your initials on it,I haven't found you file yet. The little tool works very good.I have a box of Eric's tools also.I have gave a bunch of them out.They work good also.I only use them till I get the bow braced but I am sure it would be good to use it all the way to full draw. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #3309 on: June 30, 2009, 11:07:10 am »
As Allen always said "your weekend looked better than mine!!!!!" That bow Greg is working is really awesome wild!!! Hard to believe it really does shoot. Not sure why Bone Pile was asking but Cleveland,TN is 30 miles north east from Chattanooga, up I -75. That's were we live Pappy.  When is the boyscout weekend?   Tomi  (Mrs. Cheapshot)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3310 on: June 30, 2009, 12:06:54 pm »
Thanks Tomi,The scouts are coming the last weekend of July I guess the 24/25/26.Coming
on us quick. Dang GregB ,BigA we better get after it,I didn't realize it was so soon.We loose almost a week at the end of the month the 31st is on Friday. :o :o :-[  ???  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #3311 on: July 01, 2009, 07:56:48 am »
The reason for asking how long to Cleveland is my wife has kin there.Sometime while we're up there might run over and say"hey'
Bonepile
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3312 on: July 01, 2009, 08:16:34 am »
 It won't take you long to get to Clarksville from Chattanooga if you drive like me. My brother in law lives in Cleveland, also.
 Greg, It looks like you painted that bow I left , yeller.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3313 on: July 01, 2009, 08:24:16 am »
Love to have you visit Bone pile. No Eddie the Manny bow is still hanging where you left it. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3314 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:01 am »
Eddie, I wasn't sure which bow you were referring to until Pappy chimed in. ;D We may not get a chance to work on our snake bows much with the bow scouts acomin'. ;)  We're going to try and get their bows quite a bit beyond roughed in if we have the time.

Greg, That look like a fun project. I'm sure it will be a beautiful snake bow when you're done with it.
Thanks Pat and Tomi, I'm real pleased with it so far...and the risky part is behind me now! ;) I'm sure Pappy and BigA will turn out some beauties as well, going to be cool for the three of us to go hunting together with our triplet bows this fall! Have I mentioned lately that "Life is Good!"?  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...