Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694447 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3510 on: August 24, 2009, 06:07:49 am »
Greg and bigA's bows,a little hanging out by the fire and some shooting.Greg was shooting great,good time to peak. ;) :) My tips on my take down. They don't match as is the case sometimes with cow horn but good enough for who it is for. ;) ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3511 on: August 24, 2009, 06:13:11 am »
My take down snake,51@22 right now.Dave with his Osage ,floor tillered and one of my heads mounted and ready to test.Only 5 more to go. They need to be fitted one at a time so it takes a while. The are glued on with pitch,and rapped with back strap sinew.I think it will do the job. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3512 on: August 24, 2009, 06:16:27 am »
Getting supper ready,Deer back strap,brown beans,fried taters and stuffed peppers rapped in bacon.
Hard to beat that. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3513 on: August 24, 2009, 06:22:23 am »
A little hanging out after a long day to talk with friends and family ,can't beat that either. I
love all the Hunting,bow building arrow work and the other thing that go along with it ,but
that being said I think the last part is my favorite time. Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3514 on: August 24, 2009, 09:23:47 am »
Mark, so sorry to hear about the lose of your step father you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #3515 on: August 24, 2009, 09:52:51 am »
Dave its great to get down there isn't it?
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #3516 on: August 24, 2009, 12:05:15 pm »
Looks like a fine weekend. When's the season open? I ain't even paid no attention since it will only depress me. Big A and Greg have a pair of nice snakes there. Looks like they shoot straight too!  I've got 106 days left. It's going fairly fast for being gone.
Jimmy

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3517 on: August 24, 2009, 01:44:18 pm »
Looks like a fine weekend. When's the season open? I ain't even paid no attention since it will only depress me. Big A and Greg have a pair of nice snakes there. Looks like they shoot straight too!  I've got 106 days left. It's going fairly fast for being gone.
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy! I think the season opens here on September 26th this year. Still have a lot of work left to do yet to hang stands, etc.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Otis

« Reply #3518 on: August 24, 2009, 04:45:13 pm »
Sorry to hear about your stepdad Pappy.  It was a great weekend BearG that's for sure. We ate good, as always, got alot done for one day working on my bow.  It's good to have guys like Pappy, GregB, and BigA to help out along the way. I've been watching these guys all the times I've been down there and they sure make it look easy.  And the turn out some fantastic looking and great shooting bows. Greg and BigA's bows are beautiful. Pappy's is taking shape. I can't wait to get back down there again. Life is good at Twin Oaks. Again, thanks Pappy, Greg and Anthony for all the help this past weekend.
                                                              David

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3519 on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:13 pm »
my thoughts are with ya. sorry, looks like another great time. i allways look forward to mondays so i can see the good life even if i cant be there.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3520 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about your step Dad Pappy. My thoughts are with you guys.
  You let Otis back to the Twin Oaks. :o I see he bribed you with them Jalapeno poppers.
  Nice looking snake bow David.  ;)  I think that snaky wood is contagious in that part of Tenn.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3521 on: August 25, 2009, 01:19:47 am »
Wow! Looks like another great weekend. Beautiful bows and good food = paradise!

David T (AKA:Tiller)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #3522 on: August 25, 2009, 09:02:53 am »
Mark, sorry to hear about your stepdad also, it is tough. Today is the five year anniversary since we lost our son Jordan. Hard to believe its been 5 years. Kath's on vacation this week,so we're just going to hang out together, maybe just take a drive somewhere for the day, just to get away, then we're going to meet our other two sons  and their family's for dinner tonight. Also Pappy, Dave called me Friday while you were bushhoggin just to rub it in, that he was down there with some peppers and going to start working on a bow.  Next time I go down Dave I'll call you, to see if you can make it, if not I'll just drive by and pick the peppers, OK.And Dave, I have to say , you sure did get a good start on that bow, looks great. And what can I say about those other bows that hasn't be said, GregB, BigA, Mark, well done again. could you put me down as kinfolk, you know when you don't have anybody else to pass them down to. You know I haven't gotting one from GregB or BigA yet.   Oh well, I will talk to ya all later.  Brother Dan

big
a
Cleves, Ohio

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3523 on: August 25, 2009, 01:29:16 pm »
could you put me down as kinfolk, you know when you don't have anybody else to pass them down to. You know I haven't gotting one from GregB or BigA yet.   Oh well, I will talk to ya all later.  Brother Dan

Brother Dan, I don't think I've been giving you your due credit...you're good!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3524 on: August 25, 2009, 01:35:06 pm »
Pappy....you know I have been gone for a while....and I didn't keep up with this Thread.....so sorry to hear of your loss....I know how these thing feel....been there in the past....and I am sure it will be happening again here in the future again too.,.,.,never an easy thing to take....or try to console someone about....so I won't even try....just know that I have you and yours in my Prayers too
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome