Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693795 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3480 on: August 17, 2009, 05:54:43 am »
Supper, ;D  My new take down [Maybe]  ;) A little fun on the range and a drill Chris found on the river.Very nice piece. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3481 on: August 17, 2009, 05:59:30 am »
Our best shot as a group, ;) :) Keith and King Ron heat bending the IW bow and my Hickory arrows ready for fletching and head mounting. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #3482 on: August 17, 2009, 07:11:57 am »
WOW Pappy looks like another great weekend. That drill is so skinny it looks more like a key than a drill.I guess life really is good. Happy Hunting Ron.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3483 on: August 17, 2009, 08:05:40 am »
Great looking camp Kenneth! Looks pretty isolated...kind of like you might could shoot an elk while sitting by the camp fire! ;)

Best of luck to you this fall...take lots of pictures! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3484 on: August 17, 2009, 11:34:26 am »
Kenneth:  Really liked your camp pictures!  Looks like your horse wanted to be the be the camp cook :) :)  Its been chilly here (29
degrees) the last two mornings.  Had a major wreck with my mule and packhorse last week and tore a big gash in the palm of my hand so have been laid up for a few days.  My first thought when I saw your camp photo was that would not work as a site here with the grizzly population we have.  Need plenty of open space around camp and maybe some electric warning fence!  Saw a monster bull last week and heard one bugle during a lightning storm in the dark timber. Its that time of year! Mike Huston drew a bull tag in a very special and private location, so looking to see what kind of monster bull he comes home with this year!  Good Luck on your hunt!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Little John

« Reply #3485 on: August 17, 2009, 08:35:12 pm »
Joe, yep I know about those horse wrecks, had a bit of one going out from camp. Kindof my fault I guess but if the pack horses would have just come along with out balking in a bad place. One finaly lunged and got around the tree then the other balked. Pretty soon they were both down hill from the tree, one hanging from her tail and the other from his head. After not being able to free them I cut the rope and the one hanging from his head cartwheeled down the hill and busted up the pack saddle. I was afraid he might be dead or dying 100 yards from camp, now that would have a fine bit of bear bait. Any way he was ok and the saddle the only casualty and we made it to the truck without further adoo. I put the camp well off the main trail so as not to be seen, it will be up for maybe two monthes and don't want some ranger telling me I have over stayed my time limit. We don'y have grizzlies to worrie about but I had my camp wrecked by a big blackie a few yeare back, Left no food in camp to attract them before the season starts. Good luck to you and Mike. Not that I think Mike needs luck, I think he makes his own as he goes. Oh and I really liked your buckskin outfit that Mike posted a picture of last fall.   Kenneth
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:20:48 pm by Little John »
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3486 on: August 17, 2009, 11:30:12 pm »
Here is what our camp looked like a few years ago.

Elkie on the Red rocks...camp was a few hundred feet below.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3487 on: August 18, 2009, 05:37:21 am »
Beautiful country,got to get back out there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #3488 on: August 18, 2009, 07:46:26 am »
Pat, that plastic sheet for a rain fly was not the most aesthetic  thing ever but I guess it did allow us to sit around out of the rain. Oh and I don't know how you would like the wall tent, it would not even begin to keep out the yellow jackets. L.O.L.   This years camp is not the prettiest ever, just a flat spot big enough for the tent and a trickle of water but it is in a very good location and out of sight..        Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3489 on: August 18, 2009, 11:04:17 am »
Just one word! "WOW!"
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3490 on: August 18, 2009, 08:17:40 pm »
Kenneth, the plastic sheeting was a useful necessity. ;) glad we had it!   As for the yellow jackets, a tent with the ass torn out by a bear on a previous trip doesn't keep yellow jackets out either. ;D  I'd bet the wall tent would be the ticket...especially in it's present location. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #3491 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:56 pm »
You are right Pat the sheeting always comes in handy and weighs next to nothing, I have made numerous ultra lite trips with only the plastic sheet for a tent. I don't know what was up with the wasp the year you were here, I have never been bothered with them before of since. Then there was the time Milt's horse stepped on the hornets nest,now them were some mad hornets. You never know what will happen, only that it will be an adventure.        Kenneth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3492 on: August 18, 2009, 11:36:43 pm »
Life is good! ;D

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #3493 on: August 19, 2009, 08:48:25 am »
Pappy I'm going to have to come back over there and build some bows with you guy's.. Looks like yall have a good time every time.. ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3494 on: August 19, 2009, 10:07:44 am »
We do and you are welcome anytime,I am there most every weekend from Friday till Sunday morning.
There are usually at least 3 or 4 there also.Greg,BigA and Jesse are there most every weekend also.
One thing about our club is we are all good friends and archery and bowhunting is our main hobby. :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good