Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693525 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3960 on: December 22, 2009, 12:50:15 am »
Thanks fellas. It's good to be home. It's almost strange seeing myself back in Twin Oaks photos. It's seemed like a long year away.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3961 on: December 22, 2009, 06:22:06 am »
Had a great night,all the guys were invited but none showed up except me and Art,we went to
365 Boy Scout troop meeting last night.It was the group we helped build bows this passed Summer.
They feed us and surprised us with this plaque. It was a big honor for me and Art to except for the club.Great bunch of young men. :) Pass it on.  :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3962 on: December 22, 2009, 12:15:47 pm »
That is really cool.... ;) You never know...might just be a pioc of the next Jay Massey on that plaque....
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3963 on: December 22, 2009, 02:42:28 pm »
It was great seeing Jimmy again and having him back home! I hope he, his familly and all the PA family have a great Christmas! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3964 on: December 22, 2009, 05:12:03 pm »

Boy Scouts?  Isn't one of them wearing a dress?..... :o
Good job Pappy, and Art.  You have probably inspired a few primitives, and planted the seed of interest in the others.......now about the one with the dress...... ;D
                                                                      Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3965 on: December 23, 2009, 06:42:38 am »
Ya a couple had to bring there little sisters,they built bow also and ant sure they didn't do better
than most of the boys. ;) :) Went down to the cabin yesterday to hang out with Jesse,he has been there since Sunday,he said if was very peaceful with no one around.I will agree.I don't get to stay much by myself but when I do I really enjoy the peace and quite.Jesse got his IW bow tillered,he has been working on it for over a year ,so it was about time.It turned out to be a nice shooter.
55@26 and shoots like a rocket. All you needed was a little time Jesse. ;) :) Nice work. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3966 on: December 23, 2009, 03:04:33 pm »
nice bow there Jesse.  Looks fast.   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3967 on: December 23, 2009, 07:40:48 pm »
Looks like a deer killer Jesse :) And there is nothing like alone time with peace and quiet eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3968 on: December 24, 2009, 06:31:21 am »
Well it ant Friday but it is my last day for a little over a week. I am headed home in a couple of hours to spend the next couple of day with Miss Joanie,Beau and Christina and lots of other family members.Sat. morning headed to the cabin for a week. ;) :) ;D Plan on hunting and finish tillering my Yew bow. Who knows what else.Beau is comming down for a few days also, so that will be fun.
Maybe we can tag a late season deer,you never know. :)Jesse is supposed to come down Monday and we are planing on working on some hides,I will get a taste of my first brain tanning,I got most everything ready just need some guidance.  :) I won't be back till 2010 and just want to say it has been a great year [even with the economy ] and have really enjoyed my time spent here on this site,greatest bunch of people I could have ever hoped to be associated with.Thanks for that.
Hope yall have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.See ya then. :) :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3969 on: December 24, 2009, 07:34:18 am »
Merry Christmas Pappy :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otis

« Reply #3970 on: December 24, 2009, 07:56:54 am »
Have a great holiday season and tell everyone Hey for me Pappy.  Hope you and Beau kill a couple for the freezer.  I was going to go this morning since wasn't working but, rain and a stiff east wind. Thought I'd fix a pot of coffee and see how everyone on here was doing.
                                                                                                    David

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #3971 on: December 24, 2009, 09:17:01 am »
Have a great time Pappy.   And thank you for all of your thoughts and wisdom throughout the year.

Offline cracker

« Reply #3972 on: December 24, 2009, 10:39:23 am »
Merry Christmas Pappy and have a safe and prosperous new year with lot of goof off time. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3973 on: December 24, 2009, 12:39:31 pm »
Merry Christmas to You and Miss Joanie....Have a safe and Happy New Year also...I too was going to go Hunting today...but We have had a Blue Norther blowing through all night...the Wind Speed is 45 with gusts to over 70....thank God there has been very little Snow...or it would be a Life Threatening Mess down here...they just can't cope with Cold and Blowing Snow at one time.. ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3974 on: December 29, 2009, 04:53:59 pm »
   Got to love those copperheads.And thoese are some big ones at that.My favoret snake skins for selfbows. ;D
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING